• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Team Meghan or Team Palace ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post

You missed they took my passport and driving licence off me. Border control is a bit rubbish she flew ~13 times around the world on holiday without a passport.
    You still haven't pop over to the Boris is a liar thread to add your obvious expertise to his pack of lies. Or do you only get triggered when some people lie, and not others?
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

You missed they took my passport and driving licence off me. Border control is a bit rubbish she flew ~13 times around the world on holiday without a passport.

Oh yeah sorry. Missed that important one.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

You still haven't pop over to the Boris is a liar thread to add your obvious expertise to his pack of lies. Or do you only get triggered when some people lie, and not others?
        Boris lying? shocked shocked I tell you. Was that the chap that has been sacked twice for lying and doesn't know how many kids he has? I will pop over and do the necessary then. Honestly I was trying to get some work done but if CUK needs me.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Going to caveat this first and say I haven't seen the interview, haven't seen any transcripts of the interview, and most of what I have seen are snippets on tv news channels that I'm half watching ..... but ....

From what little I have seen I didn't think Harry and Meghan were accusing the royal family of being racist. They called out one person who clearly made a racist comment (although in the Royal person's mind as in some posters on here they may not understand why what they say is racist). Harry and Meghan seem to be calling out the institution that surrounds the royal family as being outdated and uncaring, which I don't think is a surprise to anyone.

The "they are racist" comment was made by Harry about the UK media and specifically the tabloids. Now, I know certain tabloids are very pro Royal, but when I last looked I didn't think the Queen was editor in chief of the Fail.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

The last remark is racism. You don't raise "concerns" about what skin colour of an unborn child who isn't white to the parents.

Harry made it clear it wasn't his grandfather, Prince Philip, and it was more than once.
            It's an irregular verb.

I was curious what the skin colour would be of the gorgeous mixed race child.
            You raised concerns over the skin colour
            He is a racist bigot.

It really does depend on the exact wording. Which we'll never know for sure.

I think it is great that H&M* are mixed race (see my sig.). I was very pleased that they'd diversify the Royal Family and it could have a very positive effect on other mixed race couples and their offspring. I still think she's a whiny woke American, and he's just daft.

* Private Eye, who nicknamed Charles as Brian and The Queen as Brenda, declined to nickname Harry and Meghan, since H&M basically tells you all you need to know... :-D
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Going to caveat this first and say I haven't seen the interview, haven't seen any transcripts of the interview, and most of what I have seen are snippets on tv news channels that I'm half watching ..... but ....

From what little I have seen I didn't think Harry and Meghan were accusing the royal family of being racist. They called out one person who clearly made a racist comment (although in the Royal person's mind as in some posters on here they may not understand why what they say is racist). Harry and Meghan seem to be calling out the institution that surrounds the royal family as being outdated and uncaring, which I don't think is a surprise to anyone.

The "they are racist" comment was made by Harry about the UK media and specifically the tabloids. Now, I know certain tabloids are very pro Royal, but when I last looked I didn't think the Queen was editor in chief of the Fail.
              Sorry in her own words in that disgusting tabloid - Elle

https://www.elle.com/culture/celebri...rah-interview/

The idea that "the first member of color in this family isn't being titled in the same way as other grandchildren would be," that was a huge piece of what made the decision so upsetting.
              "Was there concern that if he was too brown that that would be a problem?"

Meghan answered, "I wasn't able to follow up with why but if that's the assumption you're making, I think that would be a safe one."

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                I was very pleased that they'd diversify the Royal Family and it could have a very positive effect on other mixed race couples and their offspring. I still think she's a whiny woke American, and he's just daft.
                Spot on. I did wonder if it would end well him marrying a starlet, divorced, American woman on past history. I didn't think the black part would be important, it seems it is to some.

For avoidance of doubt we are all mixed race, whether you believe in an Abrahamic Deity or evolution it all starts with Eve. Not sure about Bhuddism etc. but I have never heard "other <deity> made 30 different shades, some with really curly hair and they were good" do tell me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Sorry in her own words in that disgusting tabloid - Elle

https://www.elle.com/culture/celebri...rah-interview/
                  Seems a fair enough comment to me. I see nothing wrong with what she said.

Comment

Seems a fair enough comment to me. I see nothing wrong with what she said.
                    And that is the problem, you are accepting it as truth when so many of the accusations made clearly aren't. As aTw said on the other thread you need credibility to lie (unless of course your name is Karl/Nick being questioned by the police about paedophiles or Sturgeon)

The clear suggestion Archie was not a prince because he was not white is outrageous and provably untrue like almost all of her other claims.

We only have left the suggestion an unidentified someone said something to Harry about Baby Archie's colour and they didn't get her to a doctor because she has mental problems. Lets see how those pan out as they have really upset the Palace, breadcrumbs to the truth will be dropped.

There have been plenty of defectors of servants in the Royal family yet none have suggested a night in with the Windsors is like a 1980s Jim Davidson / Bernard Manning show.

Comment

And that is the problem, you are accepting it as truth when so many of the accusations made clearly aren't
                      These are her feelings. They are true. You may not agree with her feeling like it was racism, but it's not untrue to say that is how she felt. You really are missing the whole point of racism.

There have been plenty of defectors of servants in the Royal family yet none have suggested a night in with the Windsors is like a 1980s Jim Davidson / Bernard Manning show.
                      Hmmm, so you think all those white defectors would have experienced racism within the old musty institution that is the house of Windsor? How naive of you.

You do realise that racism isn't always overt, it isn't always malicious, it isn't always meant in a "Millwall fan" type of way. But, making decisions and conclusions based on race or skin colour, even if not intended, is racism.

Comment

Working...
                      X