• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Team Meghan or Team Palace ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The radio is full of this crap this morning.

I'm just not interested and it's going to last all effing week unless the IRA blow something up. Even that British-Iranian woman who Boris managed to eff up during his time as an incompetent Foreign Minister isn't drawing enough attention

Last edited by ladymuck; 8 March 2021, 08:52.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      She copped a lot of flak for being the wrong colour, wrong class, wrong nationality from the start. Compare the press treatment of her to that of Kate and you can see she was always going to struggle and have an uphill battle. I have much sympathy.

However, I also really struggle with the demands for privacy that result in million dollar podcast deals, appearances on Oprah's and James Corden's shows and goodness knows what else. I'm actually dreading next week because although it's nice to not have the news filled with Brexit and Covid, it's going to be wall to wall detailed analysis of what she wore, what she said, what she didn't say, every eye flutter and god knows what else.

There is a way to be private yet in the public eye. Lots of celebs and royals manage it.
      I agree with you and have sympathy with her, despite her apparently saying she didn't fully realise what she was getting into. However, I think the Oprah interview was ill advised. I can't see how any good will come from it now on either side and it will probably have the opposite effect if they want to have a quiet life and privacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Firstly, if you're insulted by what a stranger says and you think she's insulting the UK, then you my friend have problems.

As for insulting Harry's family ... Meghan is Harry's family. She's his wife. I always took my wife's side in public, whatever she said and about whomever. I might disagree in private (although very rarely as she was always right) but I would never take my family's side against my wife. So for me I think Harry is right to stand next to his wife in this.

And also, who gives feck?

yeah all families have disagreements, rivalry, dont get on. That is standard
        but no need to throw your family under the bus on tv - completely disrespectful
        its all one sided criticism and horrible allegations
        meghan has a track record
        (left her first husband, doesnt speak to dad or sisters)
        So am sure some family BS took place and Harry backs her up-

but keep your dignity about you and don't burn bridges with your family for your own gain.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          The radio is full of this crap this morning.

I'm just not interested and it's going to last all effing week unless the IRA blow something up. Even that British-Iranian woman who Boris managed to eff up during his time as an incompetent Foreign Minister isn't drawing enough attention
          It's the mental world we live in, not really bothered about a worldwide pandemic, but they'll go mental when someone put beans on weetabix.

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post

yeah all families have disagreements, rivalry, dont get on. That is standard
            but no need to throw your family under the bus on tv - completely disrespectful
            its all one sided criticism and horrible allegations
            meghan has a track record
            (left her first husband, doesnt speak to dad or sisters)
            So am sure some family BS took place and Harry backs her up-

but keep your dignity about you and don't burn bridges with your family for your own gain.
            Ah, I see, so because Meghan's previous marriage ended then she must be in the wrong. Yep, that makes sense Oh, hold on, haven't quite a few of the top royal's marriages also failed or does that not come in to it?

Up until now the criticism has indeed, as you say, been one sided. It appears though that now we have heard the other side HTH
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post

I agree with you and have sympathy with her, despite her apparently saying she didn't fully realise what she was getting into. However, I think the Oprah interview was ill advised. I can't see how any good will come from it now on either side and it will probably have the opposite effect if they want to have a quiet life and privacy.
              Interesting comment was made from one of Harry's friends this morning on Beeb Breakfast ... he said, contrary to the papers and online trolls who keep spouting the (fake) message that Harry and Meghan want no publicity and only privacy and hence why don't they just shut up, that actually what Harry and Meghan don't want is intrusion into their personal lives. There is a big difference.

They have set up their charities etc and expect to be in the limelight for that, what they don't expect is the British press to make up tulip and the rabid Fail brigade to jump on the anti-Meghan bandwagon ... a bandwagon I'm pretty sure is driven by the colour of her skin.

As an aside, I have a relation who said to me not too long ago that she doesn't like Meghan. I asked, did she not like her in Suits? She said she's never seen her in anything, just had this 'feeling' about her, and that she clearly wasn't making Harry happy and she should just go back to America (I know, the irony is she isn't in the UK). The person reads the Fail every day ... hmmm, coincidence?
              Last edited by Whorty; 8 March 2021, 11:45.
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Ah, I see, so because Meghan's previous marriage ended then she must be in the wrong. Yep, that makes sense Oh, hold on, haven't quite a few of the top royal's marriages also failed or does that not come in to it?

Up until now the criticism has indeed, as you say, been one sided. It appears though that now we have heard the other side HTH
                Oh Whorty - I haven't heard any member of Harry's family criticise Meg - have you?
                I saw Charles walk her down the aisle at the £30m wedding that was for everyone but Meg (according to her) and the Queen has been very supportive 'apparently'

Oh yeah by the way Harry - Phil the Greek is still in hospital.

Comment

Interesting comment was made from one of Harry's friends this morning on Beeb Breakfast ... he said, contrary to the papers and online trolls who keep spouting the (fake) message that Harry and Meghan want no publicity and only privacy and hence why don't they just shut up, that actually what Harry and Meghan don't want is intrusion into their personal lives. There is a big difference.

They have set up their charities etc and expect to be in the limelight for that, what they don't expect is the British press to make up tulip and the rabid Fail brigade to jump on the anti-Meghan bandwagon ... a bandwagon I'm pretty sure is driven by the colour of her skin.

As an aside, I have a relation who said to me not too long ago that she doesn't like Meghan. I asked, did she not like her in Suits? She said she's never seen her in anything, just had this 'feeling' about her, and that she clearly wasn't making Harry happy and she should just go back to America (I know, the irony is she isn't in the UK). The person reads the Fail every day ... hmmm, coincidence?
                  Funny that. I don't read the Fail and I have no interest in royal family (wouldn't even be able to name any of the princes to be honest) but I have always found Meghan fake. I have formed this opinion way before the royal family drama because I have been a big fan of Suits since day 1. My gut feeling is that I just don't like her. And my gut feeling about people is 99% spot on. Her niceness just flat out looks fake to me. I have met many people from different walks of life that have this trait - they are always nice and smiley and it is just a mask.

I think her relationship with her own father is very telling. I also think that this interview is a big circus. I feel sorry for Harry. She will divorce him in 5-10 years and convince him that it is his fault and play the victim card again.

Comment

Well why discuss their personal lives on Oprah? - oh its the oodles of cash!

They could have just shut up and slowly disappeared into oblivion. They have decided to wash their dirty linen in public, to accuse unknown people of racism and moan that they having left the Royal Family don't get the trimmings.

Sad but Harry should know how it works, keep quiet and don't upset granny.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X