• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Team Meghan or Team Palace ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post

Funny that. I don't read the Fail and I have no interest in royal family (wouldn't even be able to name any of the princes to be honest) but I have always found Meghan fake. I have formed this opinion way before the royal family drama because I have been a big fan of Suits since day 1. My gut feeling is that I just don't like her. And my gut feeling about people is 99% spot on. Her niceness just flat out looks fake to me. I have met many people from different walks of life that have this trait - they are always nice and smiley and it is just a mask.

I think her relationship with her own father is very telling. I also think that this interview is a big circus. I feel sorry for Harry. She will divorce him in 5-10 years and convince him that it is his fault and play the victim card again.
    You've made your judgement having seen her in suits, and I get that. There are people I see on shows I make a judgement about ... but what I was saying is that people are also making a judgement on her without having seen her on TV, they're doing it based purely on what the papers write. And let's face it, the papers are not exactly being kind to them as being 'nice' doesn't sell (unless it's the Express and it's fanatical Dianna fanbase )

Who cares if they divorce in 1, 5, 10 years time. That's their private choice.

And feeling sorry for Harry is failing into the fake news trap that many others are. He's a grown adult. He seems very intelligent and seems to know his own mind. What makes you think he wants or needs your sympathy? Seems very patronising to think that you know what's best for the young man
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

"It was was an absolute exercise in torching the house of Windsor" and a 'revenge mission'

"It was a very soft-serving, soapy interview in Meghan's favour - nobody asked her about her relationship with her father, no-one asked her about the astonishing fact that she only had one member of her family at her wedding."

Yet at the wedding were people like Oprah who she had met once.

Treason.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Well why discuss their personal lives on Oprah? - oh its the oodles of cash!

They could have just shut up and slowly disappeared into oblivion. They have decided to wash their dirty linen in public, to accuse unknown people of racism and moan that they having left the Royal Family don't get the trimmings.

Sad but Harry should know how it works, keep quiet and don't upset granny.
        But why should they shut up and disappear just because a crusty old institution thinks they should act a certain way?

And who really cares about granny? Maybe she should have kept the one most interested in the baby's skin colour quiet (we all know who that is, even if no one will mention their name).

The world is changing. Institutions like our royal family need to move with the times or get left behind. This really is their chance but I get the feeling that the royals haven't got the balls to change as they've had it far too good for far too long.

You may gather from my view that I'm not a big fan of families either. I much prefer my friends, whom I choose, than my family who I have no choice over.

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
          "It was was an absolute exercise in torching the house of Windsor" and a 'revenge mission'

"It was a very soft-serving, soapy interview in Meghan's favour - nobody asked her about her relationship with her father, no-one asked her about the astonishing fact that she only had one member of her family at her wedding."

Treason.
          Oh do grow up.

They're just a disfunctional family like any other ... apart from you give them shoot loads of money to have a privileged life and you think you should help them defend that life.

Comment

And why the feck am I even engaging in this purile thread? FFS, I must be really bored today.

Toodle-pip, off now.

Comment

When we were expecting out first, my gran wondered in all innocence whether the baby would have slitty eyes. We weren't offended by the question although the terminology could have been improved. It's natural to be curious. Is wondering about a baby's skin colour any different from wondering what the eye colour will be?

I'm sure his royal highness will be along soon to comment.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post

Treason.
                It was a very one-sided sob story. And I do not buy the victim act she is pushing. Life must have been hard flying around the world in private jets.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  When we were expecting out first, my gran wondered in all innocence whether the baby would have slitty eyes. We weren't offended by the question although the terminology could have been improved. It's natural to be curious. Is wondering about a baby's skin colour any different from wondering what the eye colour will be?
                  Slitty eyes - I got cussed out for that.

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

I'm sure his royal highness will be along soon to comment.
                  No I won't.

Comment

Maybe they wanted to make sure it was harry's

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

But why should they shut up and disappear just because a crusty old institution thinks they should act a certain way?

And who really cares about granny? Maybe she should have kept the one most interested in the baby's skin colour quiet (we all know who that is, even if no one will mention their name).

The world is changing. Institutions like our royal family need to move with the times or get left behind. This really is their chance but I get the feeling that the royals haven't got the balls to change as they've had it far too good for far too long.

You may gather from my view that I'm not a big fan of families either. I much prefer my friends, whom I choose, than my family who I have no choice over.
                      The only reason anyone knows they existed is that they were part of that crusty old institution.

Lets be serious I didn't know Meghan existed until she started banging Harry. Harry was the spare so no one objected to him getting shot up in a war zone.

I along with everyone else was hoping Harry would take after Prince Charles, talking to trees, writing snotty letters about buildings, start a business and run charities. Nope they went all Kim Hugeassian and washed their dirty linen as publicly as possible.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X