• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Team Meghan or Team Palace ?"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

You also still don't get how racism works. And unfortunately it seems you never will. That's your problem, but I really hope you don't say to your non white friends what you say on here.
    Don't worry he will not realise they think of him as an acquaintance.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

You are though, stupid, crass and thoughtless.
    That's better, I was worried you'd gone all woke for a moment!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    How strange that the same people who claimed the EU was an unelected elite are taking side with the UK's unelected elites such as the Royal family
    Have to get our Jingo on somehow.

Well having a Johnny come lately monarchy you might not understand it?

Also why does your king look like Donald trump?

https://www.holland.com/global/touri...yal-family.htm

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

Nope, you failed there (if its me you meant), other people were upset on my behalf I think, but not me. Life's full of rough and tumble, and I'm just glad to be still in the game!
    Glad it didn't bother you. Certainly wasn't my intention to upset anyone. It was though, stupid, crass and thoughtless.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

I dislike Meghan because I see her as a manipulative self-serving silly American. I dislike Harry for almost the same reasons (not a yank). I dislike Boris because he's a lying tosser. Apparently, I accuse everyone of racism. Although I freely admit in the past I've posted stuff that's highly upsetting to widowers and cancer survivors. So there are people who aren't bigots who don't think H&M should be given any credence.

Apropos nothing... anyone read David Baddiel's polemic against antisemitism (Jews Don't Count)? Currently going through it. A good read, in my not humble at all opinion.
    Nope, you failed there (if its me you meant), other people were upset on my behalf I think, but not me. Life's full of rough and tumble, and I'm just glad to be still in the game!

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    How strange that the same people who claimed the EU was an unelected elite are taking side with the UK's unelected elites such as the Royal family

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

You seem to struggle to see the difference between me saying the royal family, as an institution, is old and musty, and the people who work there. I'll give you another example of an institution that used to be old and musty (and sexist), Lloyd's of London. Yet, when I worked there it had lots of young people too .... it's the rules and conventions that make an institution old and musty. It's not that hard to understand.

You also still don't get how racism works. And unfortunately it seems you never will. That's your problem, but I really hope you don't say to your non white friends what you say on here.
    OK if you must I will agree that sometimes old and musty organisations may have young dynamic people working for them.

I understand exactly what racism is.

racism
    /ˈreɪsɪz(ə)m/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    1. prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism by an individual, community, or institution against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

So describing someone by their skin colour to exclude or degrade them is Racism. Making accusations that are provably untrue does not mean you have suffered racism because you feel aggrieved and are BAME.

Meghan & Harry have been proven liars. Harry has used racist language and behaviour . Their claims that they have been given worse conditions because Meghan is BAME have been shown to be untrue.

The suggestion that someone in the royal family has made racist comments but there seems to be no facts to back it up or available witneses , the Royal Family will investigate and may involve the police if needed.

The suggestion Meghan bullied people will be investigated there are facts & witnesses and the Police involved if necessary.

Any friend that won't challenge racism won't be a friend long, but people that assume guilt based on skin colour on either side are not likely to be friends either sorry if that is too complicated for you.

Anyway lets leave it, you have things to be getting on with I am sure I definitely have.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

Not triggered just truthful unlike these two seem to be.

I did as you requested and added my observations about BS Boris but they are superfluous. Everyone seems to think he is a liar anyway and apart from FullyAutomatix I doubt anyone wants Corbyn or Starmer.

I'm not keen on racists, sexists & Bullies (check out Harry & Meghans request to the BBC). I note you made a racist assumption there again.

One Gentleman who is a very senior & BAME has basically said he hasn't seen racism in the royals. linky included.

One BAME lady has left and maintains again she saw no racism. linky included.

My friend is at UNI studying medicine.

So one existing, two left all BAME saying there is no racism.

If many of the employees are young how likely is it to be old & musty?

There are hundreds if not thousands of staff in Royal service many quite left wing and outspoken e.g. Lucy Worsley if there was even a whiff of racism do you not think they would mention it?

If there are hundreds of staff you would expect considerable turnover and leavers do tend to talk.

oh I see you are carefully avoiding mentioning your racism.

How about the bullying accusations you going to jump on them or don't they count as they were only against the servants?
    You seem to struggle to see the difference between me saying the royal family, as an institution, is old and musty, and the people who work there. I'll give you another example of an institution that used to be old and musty (and sexist), Lloyd's of London. Yet, when I worked there it had lots of young people too .... it's the rules and conventions that make an institution old and musty. It's not that hard to understand.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

Well didn't someone get a little bit triggered there? Calm down fella; we know you only dislike Meghan due to her lies as you hate liars (and yet not Boris, strange that).

As for your little anecdote about your Sikh 'friend', you mentioned defectors, I followed this with defectors. If your 'friend still works for the royals then by definition they are not a defector. I also said the institution was old and musty, not the people who work there so again, by definition, your young 'friend' argument is defunct.

Not very good at this game are you?
    Not triggered just truthful unlike these two seem to be.

I did as you requested and added my observations about BS Boris but they are superfluous. Everyone seems to think he is a liar anyway and apart from FullyAutomatix I doubt anyone wants Corbyn or Starmer.

I'm not keen on racists, sexists & Bullies (check out Harry & Meghans request to the BBC). I note you made a racist assumption there again.

One Gentleman who is a very senior & BAME has basically said he hasn't seen racism in the royals. linky included.

One BAME lady has left and maintains again she saw no racism. linky included.

My friend is at UNI studying medicine.

So one existing, two left all BAME saying there is no racism.

If many of the employees are young how likely is it to be old & musty?

There are hundreds if not thousands of staff in Royal service many quite left wing and outspoken e.g. Lucy Worsley if there was even a whiff of racism do you not think they would mention it?

If there are hundreds of staff you would expect considerable turnover and leavers do tend to talk.

oh I see you are carefully avoiding mentioning your racism.

How about the bullying accusations you going to jump on them or don't they count as they were only against the servants?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

Well didn't someone get a little bit triggered there? Calm down fella; we know you only dislike Meghan due to her lies as you hate liars (and yet not Boris, strange that).

As for your little anecdote about your Sikh 'friend', you mentioned defectors, I followed this with defectors. If your 'friend still works for the royals then by definition they are not a defector. I also said the institution was old and musty, not the people who work there so again, by definition, your young 'friend' argument is defunct.

I dislike Meghan because I see her as a manipulative self-serving silly American. I dislike Harry for almost the same reasons (not a yank). I dislike Boris because he's a lying tosser. Apparently, I accuse everyone of racism. Although I freely admit in the past I've posted stuff that's highly upsetting to widowers and cancer survivors. So there are people who aren't bigots who don't think H&M should be given any credence.

Apropos nothing... anyone read David Baddiel's polemic against antisemitism (Jews Don't Count)? Currently going through it. A good read, in my not humble at all opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Ah we are to the cusp of the issue. Racism is now a crime that you don't have to prove and can only be committed by white people. She has been proven wrong on every significant accusation so far , she attributed many to racism. This one she hasn't presented enough information to validate. Sadly agreeing with Piers Morgan I don't believe her and that is my right. I doubt she would win in court with the accusations and proven lies so far but you still want to condemn those she accuses.

I have seen a couple of times where the race card was played at work, the person is so incompetent they try to protect themselves by accusing everyone who proves them incompetent of being a racist. When eventually everyone has been accused they sometimes get the sack or a pay off to go away.

In the last 40 years in professional arenas I have seen more racism between different faction of the same ethnicity, (India one area against another and adding in Pakistan they all hate each other), Africans between tribes, Arab-> Thai, Arab -> Indian this is literally to the point they won't sit at the same table, than between a UK British Native (Born of white English parents) and an ethnic minority, the Eastern Europeans have some nasty ideas though.

I can't remember any confrontations or racist comments in the workplace White British -> Minority in the last 20 years. A few off colour jokes both ways though and discussion about customs or religion.

I have met racist white brits outside the workplace, though as I said I also heard comments from other acquaintances who were not white British. Ask a Sikh about a Muslim (or vice versa) or ask a Sikh if they could date an African you would be horrified at the overt racism openly displayed.

Racism is a difficult subject but overall we brits seem to do a much better job than others. If I were black I wouldn't want to be stopped by an American, French or even Dutch Police officer from the tales I have heard.

This gentleman explains it quite well:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...ls-racist.html

he has only worked for them 24 years.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...-a7831596.html

Ah yes racism is insidious isn't it, you have assumed the ethnicity of an entire workforce because of YOUR prejudice.

I will tell my young Sikh friend who worked for them that she is old & white.

note this is 12 years old

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/...les-not-racist

But here she is, she doesn't look all that old or pale.
    https://www.thepworld.com/discover_a...prince-charles.

from My link above

My point there are so many staff and visitors at least one would have sold their story about the days Harry called someone the P word etc. oh they did!

Strange you mention that, so is bullying. Lets wait to see the email the Times is reporting was sent to a number of senior staff before we condemn her or do you believe the fact the couple who alleged this 2.5 years ago in writing should have their accusations supported by every woke w1nker on the planet?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/r...view-7sxfvd2c3

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...yal-staff.html

oh looky witnesses.

but luckily she is able to appear as a kind and considerate manager.

That will be 6 or more credible witnesses to bullying by Mardy Meghan including our likely future king. They have who?

It is probably going to go to court and they have evidence, from the sounds of it the royals are furious. I suppose they might find there is a law for bullying your staff if you are a Royal?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by jainnode View Post

I didn't mean them
    I know I was taking the p1ss. I am watching a huge job I wrote run and will have to jump in if it fails so I'm bored. Happens some times on migrations. Its better than spending all day on xHamster like some of our other posters.

Leave a comment:

• jainnode
    replied

Be careful that is MEGHAN & harry you will hurt their feelings.
    I didn't mean them

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by jainnode View Post
    wot a right pair of plonkers.
    Be careful that is MEGHAN & harry you will hurt their feelings.

Leave a comment:

• jainnode
    replied
    wot a right pair of plonkers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X