• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Forum Bug Reports

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't seem to edit the title of a thread any more (it used to be edit then advanced on the old one)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Can't seem to edit the title of a thread any more (it used to be edit then advanced on the old one)

I need to fix that if only because of how often I mess up the Roman numerals on Monday Links

Comment

You can no longer attempt to reply to closed threads, you'll be pleased to hear.

And I've restored the old functionality for ignore lists:
        • You can see threads by people you ignore on the thread list pages;
        • The posts of people you ignore will show as a small banner with the message "This post is hidden because its author is on your ignore list" and a "Show/Hide post" toggle.

Comment

There's a new bug: I can see the manic Russian emigre's threads again.

It was fecking magic when I couldn't, the relief was palpable.

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

'mark forums read' STILL disnae wurk

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              'mark forums read' STILL disnae wurk
              Mark Channels Read does work though

Comment

Something very odd with the searches in google.

I've just done a search using the normal google method. A lot of the threads returned say 'You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page' in the description and if I click the link it takes me to the page but with a response started as if I'd responded with a quote. I am currently logged in.

The URL for the Purchased Laptop for example is https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...eplyto=2800368

With a reply to on the end? Never seen that before.

Click image for larger version  Name:	CUK.jpg Views:	0 Size:	146.3 KB ID:	4154648
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Something very odd with the searches in google.

I've just done a search using the normal google method. A lot of the threads returned say 'You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page' in the description and if I click the link it takes me to the page but with a response started as if I'd responded with a quote. I am currently logged in.

The URL for the Purchased Laptop for example is https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...eplyto=2800368

With a reply to on the end? Never seen that before.
                  Yes, that was a problem - Google started following the links to the "Reply to thread" page

I've set noindex on that page now, so it should disappear from the search index as Google revisits.

Comment

Kind of covered previously, but a specific use case that might help to track down the bold unread threads in forum bold indicator still showing for forums where all threads have been read in that forum

- View a forum with no unread threads
                    - Reply to a thread
                    - Go back to the thread list within that forum
                    - There will be no bold threads since you've read the post you've just written
                    - Go back to forum list, the forum in which you've just replied to a thread will be bold (indicating an unread post)
                    - Go into that forum, no bold threads marked
                    - Workaround is to Mark This Channel Read
                    Last edited by Paralytic; 30 March 2021, 08:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                      - Workaround is to Mark This Channel Read
                      i don't see that option anywhere

Comment

Working...
                      X