• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Forum Bug Reports

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

FTFY
    Ah, that reminds me of another bug. My moderator priveldeges still have not been granted. This is a serious bug that has been carried over from the last version of the forum.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Box for each reply is too big. When viewing a thread you can only see 2.5 boxes of posts. If each response is one sentence you can only see three sentences per page. Far too much scrolling.
      Just checked the old forum (I have a development server still running it). On my MacBook Air screen, I can see two posts. Checking the elements, the new ones are roughly the same size as the old ones; if anything, slightly smaller (single sentence, no sig is 362px high on the old site, 332px on the new). Marking as "Invalid"

Comment

It seems the thanks/likes plugin has finally realised that I set it not to send PMs and emails, so hopefully that nuisance is over now. I suspect they cache the settings and don't expire the cache correctly when they're changed. If anybody gets a thanks/likes PM after around 21:00 yesterday, let me know, as that seems to be roughly when it stopped

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          It seems the thanks/likes plugin has finally realised that I set it not to send PMs and emails, so hopefully that nuisance is over now. I suspect they cache the settings and don't expire the cache correctly when they're changed. If anybody gets a thanks/likes PM after around 21:00 yesterday, let me know, as that seems to be roughly when it stopped
          You can try it on this one

Is it possible to add the page numbers and/or "go to last post" option back to the thread topics in each subforum? I forget the exact choreography, but it seemed like fewer clicks w/ the old software to get to the end of a thread...

Thanks for the upgrades, btw.

Comment

Bug #345645647457 Too much white space all over the place. The first text of a thread starts over half way down my page.
            Agreed. I know graphic designers love whitespace, but after all the purpose of the site is to exchange useful information and petty abuse, so that content should be positioned higher up. I'll see about closing things up a bit, assuming the powers the be are OK with that

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

You can try it on this one

Is it possible to add the page numbers and/or "go to last post" option back to the thread topics in each subforum? I forget the exact choreography, but it seemed like fewer clicks w/ the old software to get to the end of a thread...

Thanks for the upgrades, btw.
              Cheers

The "last post" link will be working again soon; I just need to remember how the hell I got it working and work out why it isn't working at the moment. (This was tricky, as maintaining the existing URL scheme isn't supported by the software so I needed to re-engineer a lot of stuff to do that, and somehow that bit has gone astray.)

Adding the pagination back to each thread on the thread list should, in principle, be easy; and it's certainly desirable. However, when they implemented the more modular new version of the software (which is an entirely new thing, not just an upgrade of the previous version), they also made some stuff harder or more resource-intensive than it ought to be, which may be why they dropped the pagination there. But I'll give it a try and see if it's practical, as I'd like to have it back too!

Comment

Cheers

The "last post" link will be working again soon; I just need to remember how the hell I got it working and work out why it isn't working at the moment. (This was tricky, as maintaining the existing URL scheme isn't supported by the software so I needed to re-engineer a lot of stuff to do that, and somehow that bit has gone astray.)

Adding the pagination back to each thread on the thread list should, in principle, be easy; and it's certainly desirable. However, when they implemented the more modular new version of the software (which is an entirely new thing, not just an upgrade of the previous version), they also made some stuff harder or more resource-intensive than it ought to be, which may be why they dropped the pagination there. But I'll give it a try and see if it's practical, as I'd like to have it back too!
                Still getting the notifications and e-mails for likes/thanks, it seems. I have them turned off in my profile (the option for likes, at least).

On the pagination stuff - cool, thanks for looking into it. Get some sleep!

Comment

Still getting them up to 00:51. LM should have a couple of hundred in her in box around 1am as well
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Still getting the notifications and e-mails for likes/thanks, it seems. I have them turned off in my profile (the option for likes, at least).

On the pagination stuff - cool, thanks for looking into it. Get some sleep!

Still getting them up to 00:51. LM should have a couple of hundred in her in box around 1am as well
                    Ah crap. Will have to dig into that tomorrow then

On the bright side, multiquote is working. That was also a bit of a bugger to sort out, and has half-a-dozen or so Selenium tests in its own right
                    Last edited by NickFitz; 21 February 2021, 03:28.

Comment

A lot of avatars are missing in places - this is the front index page (and both Atw and myself have avatars).

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X