• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eddie Izzard completes 32 marathons in 31 days

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eddie Izzard completes 32 marathons in 31 days

George Clooney helps Eddie Izzard complete 31-day marathon challenge - BBC News

I didn’t realise he has now become a ‘she’

Comedian Eddie Izzard has completed her 31-day virtual marathon run by raising over £200k for charity.

Speaking from her treadmill after Sunday's double marathon, she said she felt "very honoured" by the support.

The livestreamed runs, held across different virtual cities, are part of her Make Humanity Great Again goodwill initiative.

Actor George Clooney helped Izzard cross the finish line in London and urged people to stay Covid-safe.

"Remember, we're almost through this everybody, hang tight!" he said.

"Wear a mask, stay distanced, we're almost there."

Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

hey whatever floats her boat. Good charity effort though!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

That is an amazing achievement. I recall she did something similar a few years ago ... crazy!

I'm looking at ultra cycling events, but don't think I could ever manage running that far.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
        Actually neither did I but apparently it has been the case for some years, but not something Eddie is super-fussed about. Obviously been doing it since before "transgender" was a well-used term though.

Top effort either way and this is like the 3rd(?) ridiculous running feat.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          That is an amazing achievement. I recall she did something similar a few years ago ... crazy!

I'm looking at ultra cycling events, but don't think I could ever manage running that far.
          I think the first one was a running tour of England (or the UK?) because I remember he* ran through my middle-of-nowhere village in the NE.

*as it was at the time.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            Eddie Izzard to use the pronouns 'she' and 'her' | Eddie Izzard | The Guardian
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Why are people so fixated on how Eddie wants to be referred to rather than the amazing feat she has just achieved?

What she has done is mind blowingly super-human. Let's focus on that, unless someone on here can top it

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                What she has done is mind blowingly super-human. Let's focus on that, unless someone on here can top it
                This. I thought I'd done well running 225 miles in January over 25 runs. I can't quite comprehend how she could motivate herself to run that distance each and every day, and have the physical capacity to do so too.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  I think the first one was a running tour of England (or the UK?) because I remember he* ran through my middle-of-nowhere village in the NE.

*as it was at the time.
                  * you can't do that apparently.
                  Referring to the persons previous gender is akin to dead naming them. Even in context.

Or so I hear.
                  Not that I give a rats ass....
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                    This. I thought I'd done well running 225 miles in January over 25 runs. I can't quite comprehend how she could motivate herself to run that distance each and every day, and have the physical capacity to do so too.
                    I don't think many of us realise it's both a physical and mental feat. Just amazing.

Comment

Working...
                    X