• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Eddie Izzard completes 32 marathons in 31 days"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    Thirty-Two marathons and still look fat!

Must drink like a legend.
    Sure doesn't look like an ultra runner which only makes it more impressive.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Are you assuming my gender?

Don't let THEM upset you!

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Sexist!
    Are you assuming my gender?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Sexist!
    Which one?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

Sexist!

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Eddie's interesting when interviewed but comedy-wise, it got stale after a while. I suppose when being weird is part of your thing, you risk people getting bored when it stops seeming that weird. Lots of the more stand-out comedians have a fairly short glory period when they rely on their act rather than their material.

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    It could change again next time your read about her.

I know she's put on a good show and has done lots of impressive stuff like this before but I can't stand her. Dunno why, just don't.
    I'm a massive Eddie Izzard fan - but, you know what, I know exactly what you mean.

Rather like Lee Evans, traditional slapstick , or surrealist comedy , Eddie definitely has a niche and I wonder, without marketing , how well she would have done.

That said, I love the 90s stuff - absolute peak imo.

On topic - the marathon stuff amazes me, and having seen the state of the last documentary I'd never think she'd do another at all!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Until last year her pronouns changed depending on what mode - girl or boy - she was in.

I know she's put on a good show and has done lots of impressive stuff like this before but I can't stand her. Dunno why, just don't.
    It's that dodgy 'tache he use to have.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I have only done a triple marathon(as part of triple ironman) so I am not fit to comment. I will wait to hear what Minnie thinks and go with that....

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post

I didn’t realise he has now become a ‘she’
    Izzard, who is gender fluid and currently uses she/her pronouns, launched her crowdfunded Make Humanity Great Again campaign in a call for unity.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    And all in high heels

Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    I started running a year ago and the most I can run is 35kms and even that knackered me for a couple of days. This guy(girl) a comedian by trade, runs 32 of them. Outstanding achievement.

she did this in South Africa previously for a charity, it was televised. Sounded painful, ice baths every day etc.
    And for her first effort in 2009 she ran 43 marathons in 51 days, having never run one before and with just 5 weeks training

That's got to be some natural talent there.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    I started running a year ago and the most I can run is 35kms and even that knackered me for a couple of days. This guy(girl) a comedian by trade, runs 32 of them. Outstanding achievement.

she did this in South Africa previously for a charity, it was televised. Sounded painful, ice baths every day etc.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Not to mention doing a gig every day.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X