• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trump has Covid-19

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Him and his campaign have put Biden, who is 77, at risk of catching it. Luckily the Democrats were social distancing.

blimey that is a bit of a stretch was he supposed to not run because he only started roughly the same as Biden at the start of the race.

US election 2020 polls: Who is ahead - Trump or Biden? - BBC News
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The story will be that he gets really ill, then rises from the near dead to prove how strong and fit he is, and that republican voting Americans can beat the Chinese virus.

Part of the “rising from the dead” piece will be his justification for not saying “under God” when reciting the pledge of allegiance.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
        God he does not spare anybody! Was bonking Hope Hicks right under the nose of Melanie. What a dirty pig.
        I don't think they've slept together for a while. Probably purely platonic at this point. Same with the clintons. She might care about being embarrassed on such a public stage but again she's married to Trump so probably not the type to embarrass easily.n

He's really fat and really old, rumoured to have some recent heart issues, this will hit him really hard, potentially kill him.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Trump is 74, male and fat so in a risky category.

https://twitter.com/helenrsullivan/s...186540549?s=09

Least he knows not to act like BJ
          Obese actually. And there is no clear research on how Covid interacts with heel spurs.

But as minestrone said so charmingly, people have had 6 months' notice to lose weight so it's their own lookout.
          Last edited by Old Greg; 2 October 2020, 08:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare The Arse
            Arsy comment...
            Why make a racist comment aimed at another poster when the thread is about Trump? You just can't stop can you?
            Last edited by NotAllThere; 2 October 2020, 09:22. Reason: Modsnip of arsy comment
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

The cynic in me thinks this could be a PR stunt, but I hope not.

And whilst I wouldn't wish CV19 on anyone, I won't be shedding any tears if he gets very ill with this; in fact, should this floor his chances and he have to step aside then this can only be positive for the world.

Be interesting to see how the next few weeks unfold.

Comment

It's quite a shock because the White House has been trying to protect him - anyone in his vicinity is supposed to be tested, etc. Although he encourages his supporters to act like it's a hoax, he doesn't go close to them.
                This raises the real possibility a whole slew of people are exposed, half his family for one thing.

The timeline to the election is very short and he could well be ill for several weeks even if it's not serious. What DOES happen if the president is too ill to campaign or debate and is incapacitated come election day? Voting as normal or could his party step in?
                In the worst case, if he should die at such short notice what on earth happens?
                I know we've had presidents take office and die very soon after... there was that chap to took ill during the inauguration. But have we had a candidate die or withdraw weeks or days before the election? Votes have already been cast!
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  It's quite a shock because the White House has been trying to protect him - anyone in his vicinity is supposed to be tested, etc. Although he encourages his supporters to act like it's a hoax, he doesn't go close to them.
                  This raises the real possibility a whole slew of people are exposed, half his family for one thing.

The timeline to the election is very short and he could well be ill for several weeks even if it's not serious. What DOES happen if the president is too ill to campaign or debate and is incapacitated come election day? Voting as normal or could his party step in?
                  I know we've had presidents take office and die very soon after... there was that chap to took ill during the inauguration. But have we had a candidate die or withdraw weeks or days before the election? Votes have already been cast!

VP takes over and would need to nominate a running mate.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

From what they were saying just on Beeb, he's still the candidate so voting continues. If he dies then Pence becomes president (assuming Trump wins the election).

As for the safety in the White House and testing, don't forget testing is a 'lagging' indicator, i.e. the virus has already got to the White House. They needed to be doing 'leading' controls too and this is where they have been very lax (apparently masks and social distancing has been poor within the White House).

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      VP takes over and would need to nominate a running mate.
                      Would votes already cast for Trump automatically transfer? Or would they have to re-run the voting?
                      And if he's very ill but alive, can his party remove him?
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X