• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trump has Covid-19

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Would votes already cast for Trump automatically transfer? Or would they have to re-run the voting?
    And if he's very ill but alive, can his party remove him?
    He van be removed if incapable by VP + Cabinet IIRC.

Not sure what happens on the election if he dies.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      As for the safety in the White House and testing, don't forget testing is a 'lagging' indicator, i.e. the virus has already got to the White House. They needed to be doing 'leading' controls too and this is where they have been very lax (apparently masks and social distancing has been poor within the White House).
      True to a point but it sounded they were doing daily tests of anyone who comes within 20 feet, and they have access to fast testing (within an hour?) so you would expect you'd be caught as soon as you were infectious. i.e. while Trump could be exposed, you'd know before he showed any symptoms that there had been a breach.

Maybe this did happen of course and they just hid it i.e. they were watching him the last few days on tenterhooks, though that would mean he deliberately appeared in public after knowing he might be infected.

My money is on bog standard cock-up. You only have to look around how many people who ARE taking Covid seriously are getting colds, to see it's very hard to avoid risk. I know people who have isolated very carefully and still a stomach bug swept our circle of friends.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

True to a point but it sounded they were doing daily tests of anyone who comes within 20 feet, and they have access to fast testing (within an hour?) so you would expect you'd be caught as soon as you were infectious. i.e. while Trump could be exposed, you'd know before he showed any symptoms that there had been a breach.

Maybe this did happen of course and they just hid it i.e. they were watching him the last few days on tenterhooks, though that would mean he deliberately appeared in public after knowing he might be infected.

My money is on bog standard cock-up. You only have to look around how many people who ARE taking Covid seriously are getting colds, to see it's very hard to avoid risk. I know people who have isolated very carefully and still a stomach bug swept our circle of friends.
        They may have been testing people on the way in, but how many people who arrived uninfected got infected at the White House?

Comment

Why make a racist comment aimed at another poster when the thread is about Trump? You just can't stop can you?
          Because he's an arse, posting an arsy post that's now been deleted and his arsy arse banned for 24 hours.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Why make a racist comment aimed at another poster when the thread is about Trump? You just can't stop can you?
            I've blocked Ziggy, so not seeing what she posts, however when people quote her, I can see it

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              They may have been testing people on the way in, but how many people who arrived uninfected got infected at the White House?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It appears that there is a new symptom to Covid-19; yellow faces
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

What DOES happen if the president is too ill to campaign or debate and is incapacitated come election day? Voting as normal or could his party step in?
                  In the worst case, if he should die at such short notice what on earth happens?
                  I know we've had presidents take office and die very soon after... there was that chap to took ill during the inauguration. But have we had a candidate die or withdraw weeks or days before the election? Votes have already been cast!
                  He becomes a martyr, America enters a new civil war, cats and dogs are living together, Tesla & Amazon stock go to the moon.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Would votes already cast for Trump automatically transfer? Or would they have to re-run the voting?
                    And if he's very ill but alive, can his party remove him?
                    The ballot paper lists the team of President and VP, but the voters are voting based on the electoral college - which is first past the post, and then based on that, the electoral college votes. But each electoral college vote has a different weighting. So, for example, one area with a population of 1,000,000 might be worth 5 electoral votes, and next door, a population of 100,000 might be worth 10 electoral votes.

It's really messy, and changing electoral boundaries can make big differences to results.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Now if Pence gets it and both him and Trump are incapacitated to the point where Congress think that they can no longer run the country, then Pelosi becomes de-facto President
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X