• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • FREE workshop: Preparing contractors for Autumn : Weds 29th Sep at 7.15pm. More details here.

Winter wave of coronavirus 'could be worse than first'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Winter wave of coronavirus 'could be worse than first'

    “ The UK could see about 120,000 new coronavirus deaths in a second wave of infections this winter, scientists say.

    Asked to model a "reasonable" worst-case scenario, they suggest a range between 24,500 and 251,000 of virus-related deaths in hospitals alone, peaking in January and February.”

    Winter wave of coronavirus 'could be worse than first' - BBC News

    So new lockdown is guaranteed

    #2
    Given that article should be based on scientific study does it not make you think twice that it had no links whatsoever to any actual scientific study which says this could be a reality?

    I mean it almost like they are making it up..

    Which they clearly are.

    [emoji849]

    Comment


      #3
      Lockdown in winter would be so grim. No sun, only a couple of hours of daylight, no christmas drinks with work and friends, and a no deal brexit the only certainty for the new year. kill me now.

      Comment


        #4
        Also notice that none of these medical people have said that wearing masks in supermarkets will help so there's another one for the conspiracy theorists.

        Comment


          #5
          https://acmedsci.ac.uk/file-download/51353957

          Haven't read it mind, but there's graphs and everything so looks legit

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
            Lockdown in winter would be so grim. No sun, only a couple of hours of daylight, no christmas drinks with work and friends, and a no deal brexit the only certainty for the new year. kill me now.
            DIY, save a few quid.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Given that article should be based on scientific study does it not make you think twice that it had no links whatsoever to any actual scientific study which says this could be a reality?

              I mean it almost like they are making it up..

              Which they clearly are.

              [emoji849]
              You're just saying that cause they aren't all dentists.
              I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
              Hands... out infractions
              Face... the music
              Space... between the ears

              Comment


                #8
                World becoming more like an apocalyptic horror movie every day. Not long before anyone who catches it will turn into a brain-eating zombie.
                bloggoth

                If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Also notice that none of these medical people have said that wearing masks in supermarkets will help so there's another one for the conspiracy theorists.

                  Maybe you need to listen to your optician more than your dentist:

                  Priorities for prevention and mitigationMinimising community SARS-CoV-2 transmission and impact
                  • Developing effective policies to maximise population engagement in essential control measures. These include: physical distancing; wearing face coverings in settings where physical distancing is not possible;




                  I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
                  Hands... out infractions
                  Face... the music
                  Space... between the ears

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Developing effective policies to maximise population engagement in essential control measures. These include: physical distancing; wearing face coverings in settings where physical distancing is not possible;
                    Is physical distancing not possible in SuperMarkets/Shops/Banks etc?
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X