• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Winter wave of coronavirus 'could be worse than first'"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    I've not found the Torygraph of Guido covering it yet, they are still too busy trying to blame Komrade Kolonen Korbyn and the Evil EUSSR.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Wail isn’t a Far Right source?

I've not found the Torygraph of Guido covering it yet, they are still too busy trying to blame Corbyn and the EU.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Wail isn’t a Far Right source?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    The R rate aspect of that graph looks highly sus to me. I'm skeptical that the totals would promptly dip at the same time the R Rate was 3.

It was also from the Daily Mail, so quite likely some illiterate innumerate minimum wage Daily Mail hack superimposed the R Rate lines.
    The totals didn't "promptly dip at the same time the R rate was 3".
    Can you explain what you mean?

The point of the graph was evidence to contradict the claim:
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    ...even during the height of the pandemic it rarely got above 1.1...
    When challenged, oPM asked for evidence that it ever got above 1.1, I chose that source and asked him to prove otherwise, which he has failed to do so.

So, if you feel the Wail is wrong in saying that the R rate was up near 3, please provide evidence, not just your suspicion that far right media sources are well known for spreading lies to the gullible.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    The R rate aspect of that graph looks highly sus to me. I'm skeptical that the totals would promptly dip at the same time the R Rate was 3.

It was also from the Daily Mail, so quite likely some illiterate innumerate minimum wage Daily Mail hack superimposed the R Rate lines.
    Turbo lag, init?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    i am not looking forward to winter when people will be dropping dead on the roads with flu and covid , as mentioned in the daily mail.
    Bring your dead.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
    Wanna bet?

I'm stockpiling all the essentials before July 24 and then I'll be getting all my meat, fruit and veg from the local outdoor markets.
    Do that why there has been a raft of new sign ups on the forum recently.

Leave a comment:

• Excursion UK
    replied
    Pubs are optional - it’s choice, supermarkets are not - wearing masks protects others, if everybody does it then it gives extra protection, why argue against it?
    Wanna bet?

I'm stockpiling all the essentials before July 24 and then I'll be getting all my meat, fruit and veg from the local outdoor markets.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Further, since he rejects the evidence that SARS or Coronavirus exist (and believes that Smallpox disappeared spontaneously), any further evidence anyone would care to present he'd reject anyway. He's either a True Believer, or a True Believer in making money out of the anti-vax lobby. HTH.

AlfredJPruffock - as I said, stick to poetry. You're good at that.
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    Brilliant ,,,now are you going to claim the 5 thousand bucks ......???
    Let us know how you get on.
    I refer the honourable gentlemen to my previous answer. Both paragraphs.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Whether or not a quack agrees to pay somebody 5k is irrelevant to whether the virus exists. That isn't how reality works.

You seem to think that the quack will pay somebody 5k if a proof is valid. Therefore if he does not pay 5k, the proof is invalid.

Leave a comment:

• Excursion UK
    replied
    Who from - James Randi?

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied

This is a micrograph of SARS-CoV-2 virus particles that were isolated from a patient. The image was captured under a transmission electron microscope and color-enhanced at the NIAID Integrated Research Facility (IRF) in Fort Detrick, Maryland.

Because he's a chiropracter, not a real medical doctor. They're on the level of homeopaths. Oh, and he's an anti-vaxxer (like most chiropracters) and a conspiracy theorist.

Further, since he rejects the evidence that SARS or Coronavirus exist (and believes that Smallpox disappeared spontaneously), any furhter evidence anyone would care to present he'd reject anyway. He's either a True Believer, or a True Believer in making money out of the anti-vax lobby. HTH.

AlfredJPruffock - as I said, stick to poetry. You're good at that.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I suppose he might be trusted to wheel a trolley about or fetch tea.
    Dealing with dead bodies should be educational for him

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Yes, that's fine - so let him get that job in Covid ward without a mask, without vaccine shot too.
    I suppose he might be trusted to wheel a trolley about or fetch tea.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X