• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Skip Rats - etiquette

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could try https://www.freecycle.org/browse/UK
    (I know it doesn't answer your specific problem, but it would probably get rid of the composter)
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      You could try https://www.freecycle.org/browse/UK
      (I know it doesn't answer your specific problem, but it would probably get rid of the composter)
      I am a big fan of Freecycle. 8 years later my AEG washer, dryer and fridge at my Yorkshire pad are still going strong, courtesy of a lady in York who was remodeling her kitchen.

Comment

Another +1 for FreeCycle, apart from the shysters who want the goods delivered to them, WTF!

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

I've had people who are clearly market traders turn up at the house via Freecycle. I know I shouldn't care, but it just seems to go against the spirit of it.

Comment

Originally posted by amanwhoisquiet View Post
            I've had people who are clearly market traders turn up at the house via Freecycle. I know I shouldn't care, but it just seems to go against the spirit of it.
            That's why I tend to wait a while before accepting someone's offer.

I've got rid of things like a garden fork that was missing one of the tines and empty pots etc.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by amanwhoisquiet View Post
              I've had random people as I have given anything from pot plants to a ladder.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Got rid of a garden broom on Freecycle this morning. Always put a note on things if I leave them out.

Can't find anyone who wants my old Lexmark printer unfortunately and I can't throw him away, he's my friend!
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Got rid of a garden broom on Freecycle this morning. Always put a note on things if I leave them out.

Can't find anyone who wants my old Lexmark printer unfortunately and I can't throw him away, he's my friend!
                  And he talks to you so nicely.

I've got at least 3, none of which have any ink left.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

I've got at least 3, none of which have any ink left.
                    lots of people will want them for parts if making a CNC etc.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Indeed. "Printing started", "Please load paper in the autosheet feeder", "Printing complete", "Ink is low" etc. in his US accent. Used to print things just for the companionship. Otherwise so nice and quiet. Canon I replaced him with sounds like a cannon, clatter clatter, bang.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X