• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Explosion in Manchester

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    which was the aim of the scheme I proposed earlier in this thread, including a financial aspect, i.e. something like a modern version of Frankpledge :

But no, it's obviously a batty idea because it's well known that Owly is a "deranged ukipper" (I think the phrase was)
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    At best it is sixth form nonsense. At worst it is Nazism. Deranged kipper is a reasonable mid point.
    Deranged kipper suggesting the collective punishment is a good idea. Perhaps adopting the Israeli position.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      which was the aim of the scheme I proposed earlier in this thread, including a financial aspect, i.e. something like a modern version of Frankpledge :

But no, it's obviously a batty idea because it's well known that Owly is a "deranged ukipper" (I think the phrase was)
      I doubt you are a deranged ukipper, UKIP doesn't have any supporters left
      Contracting is like plumbing. You're your own boss until you walk into someone's house and they tell you to take your shoes off.

Comment

Terrorists won't target a local village fete, because it's worthless for them
        I certainly hope you're right on that, but isn't there at least a possibility they could choose an easy target rather take than a high risk of being caught? It might actually be more effective for the terrorists propaganda-wise.

Most people don't go to major national events or tourist spots all that often and, as they are mostly well protected, they think the chance of them being affected is very low. On the other hand, if people were killed at a local event, and it is impossible to protect them all, then nobody would feel safe. I think the terrorists would rather like that. There could also be a rise in local tensions, that would be a plus for them too.
        Last edited by xoggoth; 24 May 2017, 20:13.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Sounding less and less amateur like:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...=top-news&_r=1
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Sounding less and less amateur like
            British authorities starting to get a bit peeved with the Americans releasing details all the time.

Manchester attack: Police anger at US 'evidence' photos - BBC News
            Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Nearly 400 posts of hand wringing and blaming Brexit.

There are solutions. Though they are too radical to be implemented. Soon the victims will be forgotten. Until the next attack. Rinse and repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
                Soldiers are on the streets to calm down the population. If you wonder why it's worth protecting famous buildings you need to remember that they actually mean a lot to many people. Those buildings are part of the history of this country and they have huge sentimental value. Also, by virtue of being famous they are attractive targets. Blowing up one of them or even setting off an explosive near one of them has a huge PR value. Terrorists won't target a local village fete, because it's worthless for them. Nobody cares about your local village. A lot of people care about 10 Downing St. or the Tower Bridge.
                Soldiers experienced & trained in Guarding buildings from a frontal attack free up trained policemen to go on the streets.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Maybe we need a terrorism equivalent of those paedophile hunters. Lure the bar stewards in with fake Jihadi websites. Or are the police already doing it?
                  bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Soldiers experienced & trained in Guarding buildings from a frontal attack free up trained policemen to go on the streets
                    Not sure what soldiers do most the time anyway if there's no war on. Sure somebody less lazy than me will look it up.
                    bloggoth

Comment

National service

Bring it in for all UK residents aged 16-30 for two years.

All the lads together under tough discipline.

They would come out brothers.

You can't divide the tribe.

Comment

Working...
                      X