• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    Andrew probably typifies the vast majority of crypto investors. It's not about an alternative to fiat, central banks and traditional finance. It's all about NGU (number go up) and get rich quick.
    There is no probably about it ... 99.9% of those in crypto are only in it to make money. They don't have a clue how traditional finance works, and certainly don't have a clue how crypto markets work .... all they want as you say is NGU and they can claim they are some kind of trading expert.

Funny. And sad.

Have a gamble by all means folks. But that's what it is, a gamble.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Folks won't desert the space until the pattern stops repeating. Ever since BTC's creation, all you had to do was buy near a bear market low and you multiplied your money 20-fold within 2-3 years. I suspect many are currently on the sidelines waiting to pile in when the current cycle bottoms out, with the expectation of it being $200k+ in a few years time. I've seen on trading forums that the dream is still there of $500k or $1m.

Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

I've seen on trading forums that the dream is still there of $500k or $1m.
        These numbers are probably within reach for the accumulated value of all crypto assets.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

These numbers are probably within reach for the accumulated value of all crypto assets.
          I wouldn't bet against BTC having another huge run up. The perception out there is that it's still a long-term NGU, and it's only a matter of time before crypto winter turns into summer.

Not sure where the current cycle will bottom out but $10k looks on the cards.
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Sorry mate but I'm gonna need to see some charts with coloured lines and arrows on for me to take you seriously

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post

Sorry mate but I'm gonna need to see some charts with coloured lines and arrows on for me to take you seriously
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I wouldn't bet against BTC having another huge run up. The perception out there is that it's still a long-term NGU, and it's only a matter of time before crypto winter turns into summer.

If, by summer, you mean a hot period where the post-firesale accumulated value of all crypto assets drops to $10k, then I think you're right, "summer" is also coming shortly after winter.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

If, by summer, you mean a hot period where the post-firesale accumulated value of all crypto assets drops to $10k, then I think you're right, "summer" is also coming shortly after winter.
                  It would certainly be for the better if it died a death but I suspect there are far too many out there who still believe it's a road to riches.

I thought it was dead after the 2017 run-up, and subsequent collapse from $20k to $3k, but it then went up over 20-fold to nearly $70k last year.

Moral of the story: never rule out idiotic human behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post

The graphs only work if you talk about candles, doji, and flippity-doo-dahs
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

I know, right? What a fooking *****d
                      But, it still wasn't his fault. A big boy did it an ran away

"The hardest thing about this loss is - we didn’t get the chance to lose the money ourselves, it was just taken from us."

Hard to feel sympathy for someone who won't take responsibility for their own actions.

Comment

Working...
                      X