• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    Scooty is living proof that getting hooked on crypto addles the brain.
    He was pretty addled on a wide variety of subjects way before “crypto”

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      btc $15,600
      Fire sale, fill yer boots!
      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by agentzero View Post
        Scooter is actively posting in this 'article', if it can be called an article:

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BT...ollinger-Band/

Good to see people calling him out for his fantasy rubbish.

Some of the gems:

"@without_worries, How can you not admit you were wrong on this? I mean really, it's okay to be wrong. Traders and analysts are wrong all the time. The best traders and analysts in the world, however, say this: "it's okay to be wrong, but it's not okay to stay wrong. I'm not running a victory lap. I don't really care. I just don't like it when people sell signals to unsuspecting consumers and inexperienced traders without showing where the trade is invalid. If you're trying to catch the final lows, tell everyone it's risky and to use a stop b/c a countertrend trade idea is lower probability -- like knife catching . . . . It's a recipe for disaster and devastation of capital. Does that make sense?

Anyone who bought your signals here has not only lost that money (for the signal fees) but also lost -50% on AVAX"

"@without_worries you should look at your own track record, step back and be honest with yourself, It’s pretty terrible"
        Tradersweekly has got him nailed as well. Amusing chat they are having.

Your previous charts suggest otherwise or you must be a complusive liar.
        How many incredible buys does it take to forecast the bottom?

Also love at the bottom of his blog is a related idea from him. Title is 'Bitcoin 60% move to $48k near term' May 11th..
        The AI on the page has even called him out as being a clueless fantasist
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Seems like some billionaire has been following Scooters "no worries" trade signals.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...r-ftx-collapse

Bankman-Fried’s Assets Plummet From $16 Billion to Zero in Days

Comment

He’s got plenty of “fiat” assets hidden for sure, his main task now is not to end up where he belongs - in rough Federal Prison for the next 1000 years

Comment

‘The money is gone’: people who lost out in FTX’s collapse

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-ftxs-collapse

Lots of dumb people lost their money, but -

1) "He says he can’t tell anyone, because it’s “so embarrassing”. But the collapse has not changed his views about crypto. “I still think this is going to be the future, these bad actors are not going to stop the technology going forward."

2) "Nevertheless, he would invest in crypto again: “For many my age with decreasing life standards, no way to get on the property ladder and meaningless jobs, crypto has been a godsend. The real world has scant opportunities compared with the digital wild west.”

3) "Since the crisis last week, Andrew has moved the funds he had in other exchanges into stablecoins – cryptocurrencies that attempt to peg their value to an external reference such as the US dollar."

4) “I’m disappointed, but everything is risky in this world, and there are many ways to lose money. I’m still hoping to make big profits with crypto – the dream is still that it’ll enable me to retire one day.”

Only one person said the obvious - "This should be treated as fraud.”"

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Andrew has moved the funds he had in other exchanges into stablecoins

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

I know, right? What a fooking *****d

In the UK, despite losing about $12,000, Andrew, 57, feels “reasonably philosophical” about the FTX collapse. “This is crypto land … You don’t invest if you don’t expect these events to happen,” says the IT professional from London, who has been speculating since 2015
                  Someone on here probably…

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

I know, right? What a fooking *****d

Someone on here probably…
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	puppet-awkward.gif
Views:	117
Size:	3.27 MB
ID:	4243149

Comment

Andrew probably typifies the vast majority of crypto investors. It's not about an alternative to fiat, central banks and traditional finance. It's all about NGU (number go up) and get rich quick.
                      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Working...
                      X