• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    OK. The fork on the 16th - am I right that you get equal amount of the new bitcoin?

If so, I guess it matters where your bitcoin is stored at the moment? I remember bit coin cash I got bugger all because mine was stored on greenaddress.

Best to transter to local wallet I guess? (Which I did with my neo so I could collect gas).
    Yes, transfer to a cold hardware wallet. Better still, download the blockchain and maintain it until after the fork. That way you're guaranteed.

You'll get an equal amount of the new bitcoin for sure but who knows what its value will be.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      feck - already lost loads on that one? Why?
      believe one of the developers left the project, people panicked. It'll recover but will take some months now.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        believe one of the developers left the project, people panicked. It'll recover but will take some months now.
        Not suity!

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          They're free there then? just wave a bit of paper and get coins?
          They probably include a fee in the exchange rate.

I'll sell bitcoin to whoever wants some. Even if you have none already. Next to no fees. How does that work?

Using https://bisq.network

In fact does does not need to be BC, more or less any alt coin you want in exchange for Sterling.
          Last edited by scooterscot; 6 November 2017, 13:14.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            you mean get cash back again?? - i very much doubt it.
            Correct, Bitcoin ATM withdraw to GBP notes is harder and clunkier .. it's my next Bitcoin test.

In theory it should be...
            Have Bitcoin wallet app on smart phone containing Bitcoins - avoid moped gangs !
            Walk into small London 'newsagent' with a Bitcoin ATM
            1) Press 'Sell'
            2) Enter amount to withdraw in GBP
            3) Click 'Withdraw'
            4) A QR code will be shown on the screen containing a destination wallet address & details of the Bitcoins being sold
            5) In wallet app: Scan the QR code using the phone's camera
            6) In wallet app: Press send
            7) GBP notes dispensed within seconds

If everything works it should take approx a minute to get hold of cash anonymously.

>They probably include a fee
            Yep, both buying and selling at UK Bitcoin ATMs have a percentage fee.

Comment

They probably include a fee in the exchange rate.

I'll sell bitcoin to whoever wants some. Even if you have none already. Next to no fees. How does that work?

Using https://bisq.network

In fact does does not need to be BC, more or less any alt coin you want in exchange for Sterling.
              Downloaded it. You can almost feel the tumbleweed floating by in there.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                Downloaded it. You can almost feel the tumbleweed floating by in there.
                What's your bitcoin address?

someone is selling £174 of BC right at the minute...

Comment

Password protected word doc. Has the name of a crypto by this time next year that'll be worth x10 and much more.
                  Last edited by scooterscot; 6 November 2017, 16:12.

Comment

https://web.tresorit.com/l#TN6kGv7n6lCAheiuQabfpw

Password protected word doc. Has the name of a crypto by this time next year that'll be worth x10 and much more.
                    Is that your real name on it?

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                      Is that your real name on it?

That's the second time I've done that in 10+ years of being on here. Will never learn!

Comment

Working...
                      X