• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Hold tight - Just bought in with €10k on that one. It is certain to bounce back.
    Hmm. Might as well. I've already lost 75% on that so pointless selling now.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

What I said was if Bitcoin did not adopt Segwit it would drop. It Adopted and then rallied on the publication in the news.

Whatever..

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/DG...g-Opportunity/
      Must admit all these graphs and those axes drawn on are lost on me. As is talk of resistance, bull and bearish etc.

I think I need to read a beginners guide on all this malarkey. Not so much crypto specific but reading these charts.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Must admit all these graphs and those axes drawn on are lost on me. As is talk of resistance, bull and bearish etc.

I think I need to read a beginners guide on all this malarkey. Not so much crypto specific but reading these charts
        But you still throw a good couple of K at the most volatile investment around? Real smart that is.

Sometimes it's best not to say anything.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          But you still throw a good couple of K at the most volatile investment around? Real smart that is.

Sometimes it's best not to say anything.
          Who dares wins. :-)

Its well less than 5% of my pension pot (£10K) I've invested in a bit coin tracker. Yes I might lose but the same goes for all pension pots. Admitedly, its a bit more volatile!
          But over the last few years, Bitcoin has grown and grown in value quite well. I could sell my profit today and cover about 40% of my initial investment. In fact, at some point I won't be greedy and will sell a percentage to cover my initial investment and put somewhere safer. From then on its profit.

In terms of cash, I've only invested about £1000 over about 5-6 different cryptos so not the end of the world. As they say, money you can afford to lose. I won't be overjoyed to lose a £1000 (unlikely) of course, but the world wont end because of it.

Comment

Fools rush in where Angels fear to tread.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Its well less than 5% of my pension pot (£10K) I've invested in a bit coin tracker. Yes I might lose but the same goes for all pension pots. Admitedly, its a bit more volatile!
              But over the last few years, Bitcoin has grown and grown in value quite well. I could sell my profit today and cover about 40% of my initial investment. In fact, at some point I won't be greedy and will sell a percentage to cover my initial investment and put somewhere safer. From then on its profit.

In terms of cash, I've only invested about £1000 over about 5-6 different cryptos so not the end of the world. As they say, money you can afford to lose. I won't be overjoyed to lose a £1000 (unlikely) of course, but the world wont end because of it.
              lol this thread is entertaining.

From quivering / wanting to sell, to "who dares wins"

Comment

I think I need to read a beginners guide on all this malarkey. Not so much crypto specific but reading these charts.
                An axe is sometimes a falling hammer or something they call. Buy in at the very bottom of the strike if you can. The quicker they fall the quicker they rise.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Placed £1k bet on Neo rallying tonight... $40 perhaps it falls to $37 - afterwards it'll shoot up again.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Placed £1k bet on Neo rallying tonight... $40 perhaps it falls to $37 - afterwards it'll shoot up again.
                    Scoots - so if you've got £1000 to throw around and a bit of a big portfolio, how come you've not jacked working in and do this fulltime? Or is that the plan?

Comment

Scoots - so if you've got £1000 to throw around and a bit of a big portfolio, how come you've not jacked working in and do this fulltime? Or is that the plan?
                      When you say it... that's mad. Don't really think about it until someone else tells you. You're right, I should quit. Think there's another 18-24 months before the bubble bursts.

We do take some out as we go on. Mrs Scoots is as addicted as me now. - but her nerves are rattled.

Comment

Working...
                      X