• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    I get this feeling that blockchain is the new XML. A solution they throw at every problem that doesn't actually solve the problem in the most efficient way.

The bearded hipster of the IT community.

I'll hold my hands up as being proved wrong when you're all billionaires having somehow cashed out of the ponzi scheme and have more than just paper wealth.
    yes, that's the bit i don't quite get. - how do you convert back to cash??

Comment

Might dip my toes in the water - Worth it on ethereum ?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        Cash is dead. Cryptocurrencies are the future

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Cash is dead. Cryptocurrencies are the future
          ah, so you can't then. what's the point of money you can't spend?? sounds like one huge con to me. i think i'll stick to cash.

Comment

ah, so you can't then. what's the point of money you can't spend?? sounds like one huge con to me. i think i'll stick to cash.
            You have a huge faith in cash! You cannot eat it.

At the end of the day its a measure of faith. Its quasi-religious.

Property, gold and shotguns are far better...

Comment

you can buy food,property and shotguns with cash.

Comment

you can buy food,property and shotguns with cash.
                Only while there is faith in cash.

Comment

You sell them on an exchange for cold hard FIAT currency.

Comment

I wonder how gold would work as a currency. Would you have to chisel little bits of it off the bar to do the grocery shopping?
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                      I wonder how gold would work as a currency. Would you have to chisel little bits of it off the bar to do the grocery shopping?
                      I think we should use Rai stones. Much more civilised.

Some of these stones weigh hundreds of kilos and one ended up at the bottom of the ocean whilst being transported. So they are not ideal for carrying to Tesco.

This is not a problem though, as the islanders of Yap just decided that having an oral "ledger" of who owns which stone would be sufficient to allow them to be used as currency.

Comment

Working...
                      X