• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    and how does one cash in this amount of imaginary money?
    You give your bitcoin wallet to the pink unicorn.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      You give your bitcoin wallet to the pink unicorn.
      but how do you stop it feckin off with the sky fairy? - and your bitcoins?

Comment

and how does one cash in this amount of imaginary money?
        I'm still doing a CUK discount on magic beans bytheway
        You do know there are sites where you can sell bitcoin for real money?
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          You do know there are sites where you can sell bitcoin for real money?
          Some Asian tourist dudes withdrawing £500 cash at a standard Barclays (not Bitcoin) ATM in London 3 months ago using a xapo Bitcoin debit card... the UK banks are involved now whether they like it or not

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            https://boingboing.net/2017/11/07/on...ly-locked.html

Reasons not to trust new fangled technology numbers 1 to $300m
            If you can't understand something to a certain degree, do not invest in it. I do not invest in alt-coins. A wallet-bug being able to perform what you posted is extremely worrying and highlights the coding issues surrounding the storage of these so-called coins.

A better article with explanation is:

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/1...280m_ethereum/

...alas I still do not fully understand the intricacies of this and will not invest. I fully expect SScot to lose much of his holdings when bugs in these become evermore discovered.

Comment

Originally posted by contractorinatractor View Post

...alas I still do not fully understand the intricacies of this and will not invest. I fully expect SScot to lose much of his holdings when bugs in these become evermore discovered.
              What? - the whole €50 ?

Comment

Originally posted by contractorinatractor View Post
                That's no going to happen... cause

7k went in this year now around 300k - already took out 200k.. so yeah, whatever.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

"SegWit2x is canceled."

Watch out bitcoin going down! Alt-coins going up!

Buy the alts I was talking about before, do it quickly...
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    That's no going to happen... cause

7k went in this year now around 300k - already took out 200k.. so yeah, whatever.
                    you can only cash it in by selling to someone who's prepared to buy your magic beans.
                    good luck with that

Comment

you can only cash it in by selling to someone who's prepared to buy your Golden beans.
                      good luck with that
                      FTFY

Comment

Working...
                      X