• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oh I'm liking Ze Express

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

However this topic seems daft. Trans people I know are happy with the pronoun "they" instead of he/she. I know someone who recently asked people to start referring to them (her) in this fashion. I don't think I agree but we don't need a new word either way.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I don't know what trans students do for toilets in 400 year old buildings. Pronouns seem to be the least of their worries.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        MarkyMark can tell you stories about them.
        For sure, as long as you tell us all about the used school girl panty vending machines in Japan

Gives new meaning to a fist full of Yen.

Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 12 December 2016, 15:28.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Read an article by a transvestite, who said transvestites are about blurring sexual identity. Trans are about fixing it. Frankly, I find this insistence on "self-identification" a bit precious and self-indulgent.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Fortunately, my left big toe is the only part of me with gender issues.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              I don't know what trans students do for toilets in 400 year old buildings. Pronouns seem to be the least of their worries.
              Use the disabled ones?

Disabled toilets btw are for more than those whose with visible and non-visible disabilities. For example they are useful if you need to take prescription medication in space.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

We already have what is effectively a gender-neutral pronoun: they.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singular_they

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
                  We already have what is effectively a gender-neutral pronoun: they.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singular_they
                  "They" is plural.

What is needed is a singular gender neutral pronoun.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Use the disabled ones?

Disabled toilets btw are for more than those whose with visible and non-visible disabilities.
                    I can't imagine 400 year old Oxford colleges are that great for disabled students either.

For example they are useful if you need to take prescription medication in space.
                    I'm sure NASA have a plan for that.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      "They" is plural.

What is needed is a singular gender neutral pronoun.
                      we have one....."it"

eg. "Did it turn up for the interview"
                      Last edited by BlasterBates; 12 December 2016, 16:40.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X