• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]US election stuff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    What's more scary is that the Democrats seemed to be so detached from public opinion is to think that they could put someone as publicly reviled as Hillary up and it not matter, especially given what happened with Brexit. It should, I hope, give the liberal media the kick in the groin that it needs. For everything that's wrong with the Mail and Express, there are left wing rags that are even more blind to contrary opinion.
    The thing that complicates it for them is that for a lot on the left, her corruption is a bonus. They don't care if she's corrupt so long as she wins - and if it helps her do that, then so be it.

Comment

bigot noun a person who is intolerant to those holding different opinions

We have lefty bigots and righty bigots. Who knew?
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        And I think that you're a bigot, but I try to see things from your point of view.
        You could provide an example of bigotry on my part, if you like. As I did in this example.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
          The thing that complicates it for them is that for a lot on the left, her corruption is a bonus. They don't care if she's corrupt so long as she wins - and if it helps her do that, then so be it.
          Funny how it's win at all costs but all their children have to get a medal for taking part. bunch of window licking chunts. Never had this sort of rubbish with Saddam at the helm. 100% turnout in the 2002 Iraq election.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            I'm amazed that Brits need counselling over it more than anything else.
            Its all part of the special relationship, innit!
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
              That's interesting, so she is corrupt.

Have you any proof of that ?

I found this pretty objective analysis:

Donald Trump Says Hillary Clinton Is Corrupt — Is He Right?

I see a lot of insinuations, accusations and investigations that turned up nothing. The recent e-mails turned out to be Linked In notifications.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Also history has taught as when the USA goes protectionist a massive war is likely to break out.
                Well the only 2 "massive wars" of the last century both started without the USA being involved. But let's just blame them anyway eh?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  What's most interesting here is the 'working man' coming out in defence of the establishment.
                  WTF are you talking about? Hilary was "the Establishment", and she lost.

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Thicker than a thick whale omelette doesn't come close to describing my sort of thinking
                  ftfy
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

See your post that I quoted.
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      Well the only 2 "massive wars" of the last century both started without the USA being involved. But let's just blame them anyway eh?

Yeah they are to blame for not stopping everyone else fighting before it escalated.

Or why did you think Bill Clinton got involved in the former Yugoslavia?
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X