• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]US election stuff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Mmm, that totally legit and unflawed remain campaign. What was it called again, Project Fear?
    The US rallied for 2-years to select a new president for a 4-year term.

The UK un-did a 40 year relationship with our closest trading partner in 3-months of campaigning.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The one that was rigged you mean? Allegedly of course but many commentators are baffled as to how Hillary legitimately got the nomination. In terms of what is actually meant to happen, google is your friend https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit...ential_primary
      Well she got the more votes in the election yesterday against Trump, so it's feasible that a lot of people voted for her in the primaries. Was her successful Senate election also rigged ?
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

I actually quite like some of the stuff she writes
        Agree, often quite sensible but she's lost it there.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Nope it's nothing to do with not mixing with older people it's to do with not being aware of history and deciding someone with a different view to you even if they are the same age is just wrong. The fact that opinions of people are rarely black and white in a democracy is missed by them.

Look what is happening at universities in this country - the no platforming of speakers. It is far better to let the speaker speak and do a silent protest if you are going to protest. However they either stop them speaking at all e.g. Germaine Greer or they threaten the speakers safety e.g. Hen Mazzig.
          It not just mixing out of age group to see how their shallow views reflect, its mixing with the people that take the completely opposite views on life and having the strength to debate and discuss their point without being frightened or uncomfortable. Or indeed understanding that society is strengthened by arguing intellectual stuff not weakened

The university thing is terrifying as it seems the strategy is if you don't talk about it then it isn't happening. It's utter rubbish. Imagine if the House of Commons just unfriended itself because of opposition views

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            Well she got the more votes in the election yesterday against Trump, so it's feasible that a lot of people voted for her in the primaries. Was her successful Senate election also rigged ?
            That's why I said allegedly.

There are reports of lots of corruption surrounding the Clinton family. Who knows how much will proved to be true in time...
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              The US rallied for 2-years to select a new president for a 4-year term.

The UK un-did a 40 year relationship with our closest trading partner in 3-months of campaigning.
              You left.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                Its like the guy who said the election was rigged but won the presidency with the second most votes BTW, the last time the Republicans held the White House, the House and the Senate was in 1928 and we all know what happened in 1929?
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

You left.
                  You're right
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Wishy washy liberals

When are we going to get some proper hard-core leaders, not the politically correct hand wringers like Trump?

Comment

I'm guessing the girls didn't give a toss.

Comment

Working...
                      X