• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]US election stuff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Poor, spoilt millennials. It must be hard not having things go their own way all the time.

US Election 2016: A survivor's guide to unexpected voting results - BBC News

Now, if ever there's an outcome of ceasing use of red pen in the classroom and giving everyone a medal at sports day, this is it. Stop playing your Xbox games on easy while you're at it you uptight little chunts.
    Unbelievable really. Child centred education.

Also I think its because we had pretty much the same Government from 1997 to 2016. Faces changed but the policies didn't. The same result whoever you voted for. A whole generation of people have grown up not really understanding what democracy means.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      I remember. The Tories threw a wod of cash as the campaign and used the first past the post system to boot.

Cocksplats.
      You really are a bit of a thicky, aren't you. It was one person one vote, just as in the other referendum you keep wittering on about. You should have remembered, or didn't you actually vote?

PS - Get a spellchecker, and learn how to use it.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I'm beginning to lose the line between satire and sincerity.

If you guys are sincere then you've lost a little part of your empathy (or soul if you're that way inclined) during the heat of battle over the last 6 months.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

If you guys are sincere then you've lost a little part of your empathy (or soul if you're that way inclined) during the heat of battle over the last 6 months.
          We're contractors. What is this soul thing that you speak of?
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Survival tips
            ◾Read around and try to understand why other people voted differently
            ◾Focus on how much you love your friends and family
            ◾Work hard and travel
            ◾Break out of the "echo chamber" and engage in dialogue with people whose opinions differ
            ◾Question your own views - and accept that you may not actually know best
            ◾Acknowledge that the problem is beyond your control
            ◾Do whatever relaxes you
            And breath in, breath out, breath in, breath.............
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              And breath in, breath out, breath in, breath.............
              Sessions running daily at all BBC offices.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

"But what's going to solve it is truly grasping you're making a big mistake in having really believed that you know what's best."
                Indeed!
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
                  Unbelievable really. Child centred education.

Also I think its because we had pretty much the same Government from 1997 to 2016. Faces changed but the policies didn't. The same result whoever you voted for. A whole generation of people have grown up not really understanding what democracy means.
                  Correct. It's been a race to the average, dumbed down, league-table driven crap that means that we've stifled the elite. My neighbour's a physicist and he said that the standard of physics graduate coming through these days is terrible compared to what it was when he was in his late 20s.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

unfortunately once we saw the candidates there was little chance of a happy ending.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      unfortunately once we saw the candidates there was little chance of a happy ending.
                      Too bloody true! I wouldn't want a massage from either of them.

Comment

Working...
                      X