• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Heathrow runway - will it ever happen?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heathrow runway - will it ever happen?

MP's will vote in the winter of 2017-18. It is unlikely that any new runway capacity would be operational before 2025.
    Construction is not likely to begin until 2020 or 2021.

I am sure there will be many legal challenges along the way. Its only taken approx 10 years to get to this decision and Cameron bottled it.

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
    MP's will vote in the winter of 2017-18. It is unlikely that any new runway capacity would be operational before 2025.
    Construction is not likely to begin until 2020 or 2021.

I am sure there will be many legal challenges along the way. Its only taken approx 10 years to get to this decision and Cameron bottled it.
    Boris will dig his heels in to make sure money doesn't go to Heathrow that should be going to fund £350 million per week for the NHS.

Comment

Dunno. Will it be built on top of SasGuru's house? Only then will I start giving a fluck.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Boris will dig his heels in to make sure money doesn't go to Heathrow that should be going to fund £350 million per week for the NHS.
        I think it's all going to be paid for by Heathrow's owner. This is not about public spending. It's NIMBYism at the highest level.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          I think it's all going to be paid for by Heathrow's owner. This is not about public spending. It's NIMBYism at the highest level.
          It's biggest shareholder is a Spanish firm, still, along with Qatar, Canada & China.
          It will probably end up as a joint enterprise expansion, the government giving them wads of cash which will be borrowed from the Chinese at 15% interest.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I am guessing at 3 times over budget, at least 2 years late and yet another massive failed project we can all be ashamed of.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

So the 350 million / week for the NHS is safe?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                I am guessing at 3 times over budget, at least 2 years late and yet another massive failed project we can all be ashamed of.
                I think you're being optimistic. Have you seen what they plan to do to the M25? This will create years of chaos.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                  I think you're being optimistic. Have you seen what they plan to do to the M25? This will create years of chaos.
                  Hmmm yeah. I was assuming their planning would cover this chaos and although take decades would still be 2 years over their planned end date.. but very good point.

Be interesting if they've got 'Remove the great unwashed from tree's' as a line item in their planning.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

How dumb do you have to be to move to that part of west London / Berkshire and then discover there's an airport there. Even then it'll still be £1m for a bedsit.

Anything that offers a glimmer of hope of boosting the economy will now get pushed through I'm sure. It is what the people voted for.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X