• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things I have learnt since joining CUK 10 years ago today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Jake the peg.

Edit: Wot TM said
    He also sung about two little boys. Less said...
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      He also sung about two little boys. Less said...
      Not that it matters but he wasn't into little boys. Just teenage girls below the age of consent...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Not that it matters but he wasn't into little boys. Just teenage girls below the age of consent...
        That we know about/he's been convicted of...

Comment

The fastest things I have learnt are that the Scots are screwed without massive English subsidies and anyone who voted Remain is as thick as stuff that emerges from the rear end of a pig

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            I've learned that some people get upset over the most trivial of issues.
            Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            You may be a mod, but that does not give you the right to determine what is trivial and what is not.
            I think you'll find that it does exactly give me that right. It's part of the job description - deciding what needs moderation action and what doesn't.

So there's another thing I've learned. People hold some very strange ideas.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
              The fastest things I have learnt are that the Scots are screwed without massive English subsidies and anyone who voted Remain is as thick as stuff that emerges from the rear end of a pig

Aye, good one pal!

Comment

Things I've learned from CUK in one easy to understand picture.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  I think you'll find that it does exactly give me that right. It's part of the job description - deciding what needs moderation action and what doesn't.

So there's another thing I've learned. People hold some very strange ideas.
                  Wrong. It gives you the right to delete/ban/issue infraction as appropriate, for whichever transgression applies.
                  You do not get to decide what is trivial, and what is not trivial.
                  You are supposed to be objective. If anyone is a "soon to be crap ex-mod" you're ticking quite a few boxes.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

And my infraction was bang out of order.
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      And my infraction was bang out of order.
                      I'm sure you'll have another one soon that should rectify that
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X