• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things I have learnt since joining CUK 10 years ago today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things I have learnt since joining CUK 10 years ago today

Clearly nothing. Or I would have left when I learnt.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Clearly nothing. Or I would have left when I learnt.
    there's more idiots in this world than I thought.

Comment

I have learned that everyone is much more stupid and thicker than me, and I am the greatest intellectual brain on the Internet.

HTH BIDI

SasCretin

Comment

Take the average intelligence displayed by people on the internet, then understand that half of them are dumber than that. Some of them a lot dumber.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Take the average intelligence displayed by people on the internet, then understand that half of them are dumber than that. Some of them a lot dumber. Only then do you see sas
          Ftfy

Most People are deluded about their (lack of) ability and the scale of the difference between how they see themselves and how the world sees them
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Take the average intelligence displayed by people on the internet, then understand that half of them are dumber than that. Some of them a lot dumber.
            That's not how averages work.

If in imaginary household you have 9 people making 100k per year, and one making 10k, you can't say half of the folks in the household earn below the average of 91k. Maths 101.

Comment

Only 10 years? What a noob.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by cntl1 View Post

If in imaginary household you have 9 people making 100k per year, and one making 10k, you can't say half of the folks in the household earn below the average of 91k. Maths 101.
                £100K my nappy bill is higher than that ! You must be a cretin.

By the way once Brexit kicks in you will all be starving I'll be ok in prosperous Portugal.

Love AssCretin.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by cntl1 View Post

The ones below the median won't understand what median means, and their understanding of average is flawed anyway so the message still works. The pedants are in the minority so can be ignored. Communication for Management 101.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I routinely run around dressed up in silly costumes and I am still the most normal one here
                    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                    X