• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Substantial negotiations with the EU, earliest end of 2017

Interesting due to the German and French elections the earliest that substantial negotiations will begin is at the end of 2017.

....an interesting challenge for Mrs May.

But last week they said Brexit would not be kicked into the long grass. One week later they drop kicked it into the Amazon.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      But last week they said Brexit would not be kicked into the long grass. One week later they drop kicked it into the Amazon.
      Have you even read the article? Do you know who said what? Maybe you should find out before posting.

Comment

In other news, senior German lawmaker wants market access for UK even with immigration restrictions. No doubt Juncker will already have been on the phone to him telling him he's off message.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
          Have you even read the article? Do you know who said what? Maybe you should find out before posting.
          Why should he start now?
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

In other news, senior German lawmaker wants market access for UK even with immigration restrictions. No doubt Juncker will already have been on the phone to him telling him he's off message.
            His idea involves the UK (and other countries in the new "3rd circle partnership") paying for access to the EU single market, although free movement is curtailed.
            Just interested to know if Brexiters here would think that's a good option?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              His idea involves the UK (and other countries in the new "3rd circle partnership") paying for access to the EU single market, although free movement is curtailed.
              Just interested to know if Brexiters here would think that's a good option?
              Control borders... ok
              Control our laws .....yes
              Pay for market access....depends how much to be in.

Comment

Pay for market access....depends how much to be in.
                375 million a week.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

If they have access to the single market (free movement of goods, services and capital) as the German politician is suggesting not only will the UK be paying it will also have to abide by EU law.

The only thing they would have is "some control over immigration" probably something along the lines of privileged access, i.e. you have a job offer you're in.

i.e. defacto member of the EU but with a few "sops" over immigration, i.e. this is the Norway solution with a few "bones" thrown to the Brits because they're so big.

This is where it is going.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    If they have access to the single market (free movement of goods, services and capital) as the German politician is suggesting not only will the UK be paying it will also have to abide by EU law.

The only thing they would have is "some control over immigration" probably something along the lines of privileged access, i.e. you have a job offer you're in.

i.e. defacto member of the EU but with a few "sops" over immigration, i.e. this is the Norway solution with a few "bones" thrown to the Brits because they're so big.

This is where it is going.

All this palaver and 20 years down the line the next generation will start talks to go back in
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      375 million a week.
                      Do we get a rebate with that?

It would have to be less than our current nett payment, assuming the Germans wanted to sell us tariff free goods.

Not interested in rebates etc. as we don't decide where they go.

Comment

Working...
                      X