• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Feck me.
    You two cretins seriously believe that Britain's buying power is more than the rest of Europe put together?
    No. Nor did either of us state that. However, the difference in purchasing ability is not simply a straightforward 500 v 60 million calculation.
    What is more, those most likely to be adversely affected by this fact have disproportionate levels of influence when it comes to shaping any future arrangements.
    Now either you are deliberately being disingenuous or you truly fail to grasp the significance of this. Personally I'm going with your being too dim to comprehend the subtle difference. Based on your long track record of stupidity obviously.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
      Except that's not what they are saying.
      That's exactly what they're saying

What they are saying is:
      If you create a situation where "party A" is £1000 worse off and "party B" is £1500 worse off then nobody has won. Party A won't be skipping around, happy because he has done relatively better than party B. He is still worse off.
      Well if party B is going round saying they'll get everything they want, they're being a bit silly, no?

Also : This 500M figure that keeps getting banded about. It's 500M including the 65M UK citizens. Obviously come Brexit it will be only 435M.
      Fair enough, point still stands.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        No. Nor did either of us state that. However, the difference in purchasing ability is not simply a straightforward 500 v 60 million calculation.
        What is more, those most likely to be adversely affected by this fact have disproportionate levels of influence when it comes to shaping any future arrangements.
        Now either you are deliberately being disingenuous or you truly fail to grasp the significance of this. Personally I'm going with your being too dim to comprehend the subtle difference. Based on your long track record of stupidity obviously.
        You're just talking complete bollux. Like every post you've made since you joined.
        At least you used to be funny.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
          This is getting daft. Europeans wouldn't just make up for falling UK sales - it's not as if the cars had become cheaper within the EU so why the boost in sales especially to those in the mid-range price bracket? .
          You seem to be very dim today.
          They would be relatively cheaper if British products went up 10%.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Maybe you think our purchasing power has become stronger with a weaker pound.

Nurse! Nurse!
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

You know normally I would say Equalizer and SB are trolling.
              But I have enough experience of CUK to know that what seems to be the most incredible, rankest, stupidity is probably genuine.

Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Well if party B is going round saying they'll get everything they want, they're being a bit silly, no?
                Prior to a negotiation actually beginning you will find that both parties state that they are going to get everything that they want.

To start the negotiation preamble indicating that you will compromise your position would be a bit silly,no?

Comment

Feck me.
                  You two cretins seriously believe that Britain's buying power is more than the rest of Europe put together?
                  And there, ladies and gents, you have the basic, fundamental misunderstanding at the root of Brexit: a total overestimation of British economic strength.

There's really no point in continuing this conversation if you're so delusional.
                  Nope, I meant per head.

Comment

You seem to be very dim today.
                    They would be relatively cheaper if British products went up 10%.
                    Nope, I meant the lost sales in the UK wouldn't be made up by an increase of sales within the rest of the EU. The pound has fallen against the Euro so that currently fictional increase of 10% is already pretty much offset anyway.

Comment

But I have enough experience of CUK to know that what seems to be the most incredible, rankest, stupidity is probably genuine.
                      You've been re-reading your old post?

Comment

Working...
                      X