• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Ouch! That will hit manufacturing.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Quite a few stay there, as there is a good living to be had overall, if you work in IT.
        One of the issues the big boys find is a lot of Poles treat perm more like contracting, the good ones move every 6-12 months.
        That was the impression I got when I was over in Krakow for a wedding. Rather liked the Poles I've met despite some Polish football supports smashing up the local 'Spoons once. Then again, it's not as if English supports are squeaky clean.

Comment

Are your lot still refusing the 11 Billion windfall?

Comment

Are your lot still refusing the 11 Billion windfall?
            Didn't we blow that on the NHS?

Comment

Didn't we blow that on the NHS?
              Coincidentally, Apple's back tax is not far off RoI's annual health budget (13.1 billion Euro for 2015).

Comment

Rather liked the Poles I've met ...
                I went to school in Ealing which was the area the emigre Poles who fought for Britain settled in after WW2.
                All solid blokes. Never understood the hostility to them.
                As Niall Ferguson wrote after Brexit - all Western countries need immigrants and the UK was lucky to have Catholic Poles who would become unrecognisably British in one generation (apart from funny names) unlike France and Germany who get mainly Islamic immigrants.

This makes me glum
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Coincidentally, Apple's back tax is not far off RoI's annual health budget (13.1 billion Euro for 2015).
                  It's earmarked to build the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    A successful contractor realises you can't force change on your clients. You facilitate it. Big difference.
                    So given that in your previous post you stated you had changed nothing, am I correct in assuming you are unsuccessful?

It needs forcing on them.

Comment

It's earmarked to build the wall.
                      Limerick is not that bad these days.

Comment

Working...
                      X