• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    It is only that as it's the favourite pet project of the left. If there was a line drawn in the sand to say what is or is not treated by the NHS then that would save an awful lot of wastage.

    The %'age of children born in this country to mothers from outside the UK has risen every year since 2001 - it's currently at 27%.
    That's one of those things that appears to be off limits in terms of tackling. When my wife had our two the maternity ward on both occasions in no way represented the make up of the area.

    Comment


      The simple answer for the NHS is to only treat the following people:-

      Those with a GB or EU Health Card

      All others must have proof of health insurance on entering the UK.

      Drunk related accidents become chargeable.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

      Comment


        Any lifestyle choices should also have to pay a %'age of treatment as it's self inflicted.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          The simple answer for the NHS is to only treat the following people:-

          Those with a GB or EU Health Card

          All others must have proof of health insurance on entering the UK.

          Drunk related accidents become chargeable.
          Interesting attack on the patients. And I'm certain that's just what the status quo wants us to think.

          From my inside sources it's clear the NHS is being milked through vested interests. £5k for a laptop here, £650 for telephone there. Not to mention the odds and sods that should be cheap as chips off the shelf, such as bandages and basic medicaments. And half those vested interests are shareholders some of which are in government.

          MOD has the same problem. Don't get me started.


          Sooner comarade Corbyn gets in power the sooner we might have a government working for its citizens.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

          Comment


            Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Interesting attack on the patients. And I'm certain that's just what the status quo wants us to think.

            From my inside sources it's clear the NHS is being milked through vested interests. £5k for a laptop here, £650 for telephone there. Not to mention the odds and sods that should be cheap as chips off the shelf, such as bandages and basic medicaments. And half those vested interests are shareholders some of which are in government.

            MOD has the same problem. Don't get me started.


            Sooner comarade Corbyn gets in power the sooner we might have a government working for its citizens.
            If large companies like Tesco can nail suppliers on procurement why can't public sector institutions do the same?
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

            Comment


              Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              If large companies like Tesco can nail suppliers on procurement why can't public sector institutions do the same?
              I remember the NHS successfully running reverse auctions for laptops etc. but possibly this doesn't happen anymore.

              https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/rever...r-chance-munoz

              Comment


                Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                Any lifestyle choices should also have to pay a %'age of treatment as it's self inflicted.
                So the 62% of Brits who are fat would have to pay a premium?
                Completely agree.
                Mind you if add those who drink excessively and/or smoke I'm guessing that % would rise.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

                Comment


                  Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                  Any lifestyle choices should also have to pay a %'age of treatment as it's self inflicted.
                  Yep, especially those sporty people (figures a bit old but suspect they've gone up)

                  Accident and emergency departments in England have seen a 14 per cent rise in sports injury cases in a year. Just over 388,500 cases were treated in the 12 months to February 2012; up from nearly 338,200 in the previous 12 month period.
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Interesting attack on the patients. And I'm certain that's just what the status quo wants us to think.

                    From my inside sources it's clear the NHS is being milked through vested interests. £5k for a laptop here, £650 for telephone there. Not to mention the odds and sods that should be cheap as chips off the shelf, such as bandages and basic medicaments. And half those vested interests are shareholders some of which are in government.

                    MOD has the same problem. Don't get me started.


                    Sooner comarade Corbyn gets in power the sooner we might have a government working for its citizens.
                    That would merely make it worse. You haven't a clue how government contracts work, have you?

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      Sooner comarade Corbyn gets in power the sooner we might have a government working for its citizens.
                      Sounds exactly the same sort of tulip that stupid chunt fullyautomatix would say
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X