• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen a few headlines trying to twist it into a brexit fail but read the story and it is just further cuts following the existing trend.

Low interest rates is the nearest they can link to this but as we know that has been the the policy for the last 7 years.

Bremoaners desperate for UK to fail in order to prove themselves right. Shameful.
    I get up...

Comment

Some folks seem unable to read the story in full.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks for admitting that
        I get up...

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
          Go on. When did it peak at over $2. More of your usual tulipe.
          Just as Lehman Bros, etc were crashing in the US. The US market turned to tulip, hence a massive dollar crash. What he fails to mention is that the pound went from being worth over $2.40 in 1982 to less than $1.10 five years later.

In fact, it was pretty constant at around $2.80 for the 50s and most of the 60s, until a sudden drop of about 40 cents but stabilised for another five years with little fluctuation. After that, there's been a steady downward trend, ever since we entered the common market, but he'll not mention that bit.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

They'd fail the honesty test.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Brexit strikes again.
              Yes, brexit.

BBC News - Lloyds Banking Group to shed 15,000 more jobs
              Lloyds Bank confirms 9,000 job losses and branch closures - BBC News
              Lloyds TSB to axe 5,000 jobs | Daily Mail Online
              Lloyds Bank to close 21 branches, cut 625 jobs and outsource roles to India | This is Money
              Lloyds Banking Group to cut 640 jobs and close 23 branches | City A.M.

(that is only the links from the first page after searching on Lloyds job losses before yesterday)

Comment

The erosion of fiat (paper) money's true value is well documented since the removal of it being backed by physical limits (gold standard).

There's a lot the world's govermin have to answer for. No one seems to care though, it's empowerment of women that means both partners have to work to be able to afford the mortgage since the 60s.

Oh well, it will all be sorted out by us lot bitching about it on here an on many other public forums where we have virtual pitchforks these days.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                  The erosion of fiat (paper) money's true value is well documented since the removal of it being backed by physical limits (gold standard).

There's a lot the world's govermin have to answer for. No one seems to care though, it's empowerment of women that means both partners have to work to be able to afford the mortgage since the 60s.

Oh well, it will all be sorted out by us lot bitching about it on here an on many other public forums where we have virtual pitchforks these days.
                  Nonsense, you can create a twitter hashtag and fight back!

Comment

My clientco decided to invest in a EU based datacentre in stead of a UK based one thanks to Brexit. Good for me as I will tally up loads of FF miles

Comment

More Brexit good news:

Brexit May Be About to Give Australia a Population Boost - Bloomberg
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X