• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    tell that to lloyds employees
    Lloyds have been closing branches for years, and by their own admission these cuts are more to do with changing customer behaviours and concerns over a "low interest rate" environment.
    The fact is we have been in a "low interest rate" environment for years and would have remained there even had we chosen to Remain.
    Opportunistic bullsh*t on the part of Lloyds to try and portray this as being somehow triggered by the Brexit vote.
    But I suspect they were only targeting the moron demographic with this nonsense, and it appears they are right on the money with that.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Merkel finally talks about her migrant policy in light of recent attacks

Merkel rules out migrant policy reversal after attacks - BBC News

German Chancellor Angela Merkel has defended her policies on refugees in the wake of recent terror attacks..
      At least we are clear how the deaths have impacted Merkels plans....

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Lloyds have been closing branches for years, and by their own admission these cuts are more to do with changing customer behaviours and concerns over a "low interest rate" environment.
        The fact is we have been in a "low interest rate" environment for years and would have remained there even had we chosen to Remain.
        Opportunistic bullsh*t on the part of Lloyds to try and portray this as being somehow triggered by the Brexit vote.
        But I suspect they were only targeting the moron demographic with this nonsense, and it appears they are right on the money with that.
        The letter from lloyds CEO or whatever mentions that brexit caused likely drop in BOE rates and to save profit they are closing additional 200 branches, which they didn't plan. I'm not saying they wouldn't close these branches. Maybe they would in few years anyway, maybe they wouldn't. But it's likely this plan accelerated

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Merkel rules out migrant policy reversal after attacks - BBC News

At least we are clear how the deaths have impacted Merkels plans....
          Well everyone knows that the upturn in violence in France and Germany has coincided with us opting to Brexit. So might as well blame us for that too.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Yes, lots of companies that have been planning to relocate and/or shed jobs will now used Brexit as the cause, as it deflects all accountability and culpability on their part.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Yes, lots of companies that have been planning to relocate and/or shed jobs will now used Brexit as the cause, as it deflects all accountability and culpability on their part.
              OK let's blame project fear then.

Comment

So the only positive is the cheap pound, which temporarily boosts exports until of course the cost of materials goes up and manufacturers are forced to raise their prices.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                  The letter from lloyds CEO or whatever mentions that brexit caused likely drop in BOE rates and to save profit they are closing additional 200 branches, which they didn't plan. I'm not saying they wouldn't close these branches. Maybe they would maybe wouldn't. But now it's a fact
                  So a top "banker" wants to axe employees to maintain profits (and bonuses no doubt), and is panicking about a "likely drop" in BOE rates which they haven't planned for (Fail to Plan then plan to fail!). And somehow this is the fault of Brexit. Unbelievable.
                  And I suppose the previous hatchet jobs and job losses at Lloyds, years before we were even given a Referendum can all be laid at the door of Brexit too? It's only fair.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    So the only positive is the cheap pound, which temporarily boosts exports until of course the cost of materials goes up and manufacturers are forced to raise their prices.
                    maybe we can use Bremainers as raw materials?
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

So a top "banker" wants to axe employees to maintain profits (and bonuses no doubt), and is panicking about a "likely drop" in BOE rates which they haven't planned for (Fail to Plan then plan to fail!). And somehow this is the fault of Brexit. Unbelievable.
                      And I suppose the previous hatchet jobs and job losses at Lloyds, years before we were even given a Referendum can all be laid at the door of Brexit too? It's only fair.

Quite possibly you are right.
                      I also don't believe in this assessing thingy . Until it's a fact it's just a speculation.

Comment

Working...
                      X