• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    And if we're out it's not even an option.
    Outside the EU, the euro is also the sole currency of Montenegro and Kosovo and several European microstates (Andorra, Monaco, San Marino and the Vatican City) as well as in four overseas territories of EU members that are not themselves part of the EU (Saint Barthélemy, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, the French Southern and Antarctic Lands and Akrotiri and Dhekelia). Together this direct usage of the euro outside the EU affects nearly 3 million people.

The Euro has been used as a trading currency in Cuba since 1998,[49] and Syria since 2006.[50] There are also various currencies pegged to the euro (see below). In 2009, Zimbabwe abandoned its local currency and used major currencies instead, including the euro and the United States dollar.[51]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euro

Clearly we could adopt the Euro whilst being out of the EU, and probably join the EU army too. I wouldn't support either, though if our currency goes the same way as Zimbabwe's on Friday it may be a good idea. I might need that €70 I've got in a drawer somewhere to eat.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      He comes up with ideas of "improving" the criminal and civil justice system.

Civil servants then write policy reports on whether his ideas are feasible and if they are they get enforced. Though some will need bills or statutory instruments first.

For example when the Tories where stating they wanted a British bill of Rights to replace the Human Rights Act, civil servants pointed out why it wasn't feasible. A current idea of Gove's is making prison work combined with getting rid of the massive old Victorian prisons.
      I was being facetious but thanks anyway.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euro

Clearly we could adopt the Euro whilst being out of the EU, and probably join the EU army too. I wouldn't support either, though if our currency goes the same way as Zimbabwe's on Friday it may be a good idea. I might need that €70 I've got in a drawer somewhere to eat.
        Ahh so that's what I need my excess Euros and US dollars for.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Any one of which the UK Parliament can choose not to participate in.
          But you must know as well as us that they won't choose that.

We've been dragged along step by step, like a nuaghty little poddle taken for its daily walkies, and what makes you think that will change?
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            But you must know as well as us that they won't choose that.

We've been dragged along step by step, like a nuaghty little poddle taken for its daily walkies, and what makes you think that will change?
            Then why aren't we in the Euro or Schengen? To me, UK Parliament and governement rejection of these major EU structures suggests that we've not been dragged along step by step. Some things we've participated in but these major areas we haven't.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              I was being facetious but thanks anyway.
              I knew people who worked in "policy" in the justice department. They would speak about policies but not explain how their jobs were linked up to anything practical so I had to investigate.

Interestingly those who work in think tanks and lobbying organisations are more open to explain how their work influences politicians.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                Poll: Brexit supporters more likely to oppose clean energy

Only no one has told Blaster Bates

Where is PJClarke these days?
                I asked this of BB the other day but he couldn't see the connection. The obvious connection (if you look behind opposition to clean energy and look at climate change denial) is fruit-loopery. Every nutter in the country* seems to be pro-Brexit. Climate change deniers are nutters. BB is an interesting exception that proves the rule.

Example:

https://www.davidicke.com/article/36...iracy-taxpayer

https://www.davidicke.com/article/37...exit-the-movie

And just for fun: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_...oid_hypothesis

cke introduced the reptoid hypothesis in The Biggest Secret (1999), which identified the Brotherhood as descendants of reptilians from the constellation Draco, who walk on two legs and appear human, and who live in tunnels and caverns inside the earth. He argues that the reptilians are the race of gods known as the Anunnaki in the Babylonian creation myth, Enûma Eliš.[45] According to Barkun, Icke's idea of "inner-earth reptilians" is not new, though he has done more than most to expand it.[46]

Lewis and Kahn write that Icke has taken his "ancient astronaut" narrative from the Russian-American writer, Zecharia Sitchin, who argued—for example in Divine Encounters (1995)—that the Anunnaki had come to Earth for its precious metals. Icke argues that they came specifically for "monatomic gold," a non-existent mineral (only gases can exist in a monatomic state) that he says can increase the carrying capacity of the nervous system ten thousandfold. After ingesting it, the reptilians can process vast amounts of information, speed up trans-dimensional travel, and shapeshift from reptilian to human form.[47] They use human fear, guilt, and aggression as energy. "Thus we have the encouragement of wars," he wrote in 1999, "human genocide, the mass slaughter of animals, sexual perversions which create highly charged negative energy, and black magic ritual and sacrifice which takes place on a scale that will stagger those who have not studied the subject."[48] Lewis and Kahn argue that Icke is using allegory to depict the alien, and alienating, nature of global capitalism.[49]

Icke writes that the Anunnaki have crossbred with human beings, the breeding lines chosen for political reasons, arguing that they are the
                Watchers, the fallen angels, or "Grigori," who mated with human women in the Biblical apocrypha. Their first reptilian-human hybrid (another fantasy concept), possibly Adam, was created 200,000–300,000 years ago. There was a second breeding program 30,000 years ago, and a third 7,000 years ago. It is the half-bloods of the third breeding programme who today control the world, more Anunnaki than human, he writes. They have a powerful, hypnotic stare, the origin of the phrase to "give someone the evil eye," and their hybrid DNA allows them to shapeshift when they consume human blood.[50]

In Children of the Matrix (2001), he added that the Anunnaki bred with another extraterrestrial race called the "Nordics", who had blond hair and blue eyes, to produce a race of human slave masters, the Aryans. The Aryans retain many reptilian traits, including cold-blooded attitudes, a desire for top-down control, and an obsession with ritual, lending them a tendency toward fascism, rationalism, and racism. Lewis and Kahn write that, with the Nordic hypothesis, Icke is mirroring standard claims by the far right that the Aryan bloodline has ruled the Earth throughout history.[51]
                Last edited by Old Greg; 22 June 2016, 11:16.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Don't ask for Clarke to come back.
                  You're safe.
                  My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
                    You're safe.
                    PJ Clarke!!!

Come on down!

Your sudden appearance does demonstrate just how extensive are the tentacles of the reptilian EUSSR climate change conspiracy.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                      I don't hate you at all bee, but all the same it's a damned cheek that a Portugese woman should be allowed to vote in a _UK_ referendum!
                      Why not?

We are the longest allies and I never needed passport to enter in UK.
                      All the British friends are welcome in Portugal... well, except the MacCanns.

Portuguese

Comment

Working...
                      X