• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Any one of which the UK Parliament can choose not to participate in.
    They seem to wrongly think we have no democracy or sovereignty on these issues... No matter how much you show them we do. Its like common sense and facts are just filtered out in their brains.

Comment

There is a pattern emerging here

Poll: Brexit supporters more likely to oppose clean energy

Only no one has told Blaster Bates

Where is PJClarke these days?
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
        I don't care if they are any gender, age, sexuality, race, religion, or nationality as long as they have the right skills and expertise and we can set the numbers.
        I do. Female, <40, Polish/Romanian, 38DD.

I agree, religion doesn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          What does The Justice Secretary do exactly? Make the tea for judges?

Does anyone know?
          He comes up with ideas of "improving" the criminal and civil justice system.

Civil servants then write policy reports on whether his ideas are feasible and if they are they get enforced. Though some will need bills or statutory instruments first.

For example when the Tories where stating they wanted a British bill of Rights to replace the Human Rights Act, civil servants pointed out why it wasn't feasible. A current idea of Gove's is making prison work combined with getting rid of the massive old Victorian prisons.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
            And if we're out it's not even an option.
            I can appreciate this point.... But the same people keep telling me how they want more local democracy and sovereignty... While at the same time showing a totaly lack of trust in that local democracy and sovereignty

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              To be fair to Heseltine the uKs continued membership of the EU will eventually mean it joining the EURO, contributing to a EU army and all the host of integrationist policies that the EU are committed to
              Did you see it in your tea-leaves or do you prefer tarot cards?
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
                I can appreciate this point.... But the same people keep telling me how they want more local democracy and sovereignty... While at the same time showing a totaly lack of trust in that local democracy and sovereignty
                You mean by the same people who can't be bothered to vote in council elections.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                  Or they are true to the contractor mentality that you're better off being the master of your own destiny whether that be for better or worse?

Did you type that at your client's desk?
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post
                    Only in small companies - many others still have a requirement to have a Company Secretary.
                    Here's mine.

Comment

Don't ask for Clarke to come back.

Comment

Working...
                      X