• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find it amusing that is become a fact that joining the Euro would of been a disaster for us. Surely our adoption of the Euro would of hugely strengthen it, giving it a stronger backbone and reducing some of the damage we have seen across Europe.

France and Germany are hardly in a state of disaster, even if you want to read the right wing rubbish out there...

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
      Or they are true to the contractor mentality that you're better off being the master of your own destiny whether that be for better or worse?
      We'll remind you of that when the UK Government finally cracks down on IR35.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

brexit is bad for indian outsourcers !!!!!!!!!!!

it seems that a brexit would be bad for tata, accenture etc

so good for contractors and the rest of the UK workforce

thats me decided im for brexit

Tech vs Brexit: Bosses at Microsoft, IBM, SAP, BT, and Accenture back remain | ZDNet

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...against-brexit

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          We'll remind you of that when the UK Government finally cracks down on IR35.
          At least I'll be able to go and moan to my MP about it.
          Last edited by The_Equalizer; 22 June 2016, 10:26.

Comment

Gove switches to Remain at the last minute

Michael Gove Hints He May Quit Government If UK Votes To 'Remain' At EU Referendum

Asked whether he would quit the government if the country chose to ‘Remain’, Gove said:

“I want people to concentrate not on my job but on their jobs. Of course, depending on what the result is on Friday I will reflect and I will decide what is the best course for me.”

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
              I find it amusing that is become a fact that joining the Euro would of been a disaster for us. Surely our adoption of the Euro would of hugely strengthen it, giving it a stronger backbone and reducing some of the damage we have seen across Europe.

France and Germany are hardly in a state of disaster, even if you want to read the right wing rubbish out there...
              It's been good for Germany on the whole; it may have been good for the UK too, Greece bailouts notwithstanding. Nobody can say with any certainty what might have happened. Should have been a smaller Eurozone with stricter entry criteria. Then maybe the UK would have joined.

The weird thing is the Euro argument is backwards. The Euro should be a cautionary tale of blindly following politicians when there was nothing wrong with the status quo. That's exactly what Brexiteers are advocating.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                2016-06-21 Heseltine: UK will join Euro if we remain

Don't these old fossils ever give up?

Also, everyone knows that joining the Euro would have been disastrous for the UK. One might almost think Heseltine was subtly trying to bolster the Brexit side!
                To be fair to Heseltine the uKs continued membership of the EU will eventually mean it joining the EURO, contributing to a EU army and all the host of integrationist policies that the EU are committed to
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Hey, OH, I think you just accidentally posted an image from your subconscious.

Comment

What does The Justice Secretary do exactly? Make the tea for judges?

Does anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                      nothing wrong with the status quo
                      And there you have it... OUT campaign says VOTE REMAIN!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X