• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Brexit

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Brexit"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
    I've just spent 2 hours stood in the carriage of an express train packed to the gunwhales with revellers heading to the Glastonbury Festival.

And what struck me was how so many of them were wearing badges, T-shirts etc stating their preference for the Remain camp as though it were some kind of badge of honour.

Let's hope in 10-20 years time they don't end up regretting being one of the "in crowd".

Mind you, one or two of them were old enough to know better...

Oh dear

Tony Blair mocked in typical Twitter style after former PM tweets placard declaring how he voted in EU referendum | Daily Mail Online

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm Buggeridge
    replied
    I've just spent 2 hours stood in the carriage of an express train packed to the gunwhales with revellers heading to the Glastonbury Festival.

And what struck me was how so many of them were wearing badges, T-shirts etc stating their preference for the Remain camp as though it were some kind of badge of honour.

Let's hope in 10-20 years time they don't end up regretting being one of the "in crowd".

Mind you, one or two of them were old enough to know better...

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    you're more stupid than I thought ;o
    But he has pretty pictures showing stuff.

Leave a comment:

• unemployed
    replied
    Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    you're more stupid than I thought ;o
    the bitterness and truth increases with age

the young are thick chunts

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    £30. I'm not a gambler tbh had to register and everything.
    OK, so it would be £150 at 2/5 to guarantee £30 profit.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    How much did you have on it? If you've had £100 on it, get £500 on REMAIN at 2/5 or better to guarantee at least £100 profit.
    £30. I'm not a gambler tbh had to register and everything.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Paddy power now 4/1 BREXIT. Was 6/1 earlier when I took a flutter.
    How much did you have on it? If you've had £100 on it, get £500 on REMAIN at 2/5 or better to guarantee at least £100 profit.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Merkel the sill cow opened the floodgates of hell.
    It looks quite nice:

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Brexit Referendum Betting Odds | Oddschecker

The bookies not have Remain on 1/10 and 7/1 on Brexit.

But this doesn't reflect the odds, this reflects on the amount of money bet on Remain which is skewing the numbers.

Ladbrookes said that most bets had been going on BREXIT, but they were smaller compared to the big bets from richer punters who bet on BREMAIN.
    Paddy power now 4/1 BREXIT. Was 6/1 earlier when I took a flutter.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Yugoslavia was created in 1922.
    By the French, iirc from my A level history. Funny how the world turns full circle, innit?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    The balkans were never "pretty much together". They were forced to be together under the totalitarian dictatorship of Tito
    Yugoslavia was created in 1922.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Yep, it was totally artificial construct just like USSR. That's where Dodgy is right, now where he is wrong is saying that EU is EUSSR - it's not because there is no single center that controls all subserviant member states.
    Correct, there are 2. Brussels and Strasbourg.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    The balkans were never "pretty much together". They were forced to be together under the totalitarian dictatorship of Tito
    Yep, it was totally artificial construct just like USSR. That's where Dodgy is right, now where he is wrong is saying that EU is EUSSR - it's not because there is no single center that controls all subserviant member states.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Not to mention the small matter of the Soviet Union.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Before they decided to have a number of conflicts they were all pretty much together, economically and politically. They then decided to go their own way and all hell broke loose. Once that was all sorted they decided to join another economic and political union and things are starting to look up for them although one country that is not in the Balkans has decided, or at least those people with a short term memory, decided it might want to leave that economic and political union which...and so history repeats itself...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X