• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is the best way to lose weight?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Dysentery.

Much the same effect but you get to enjoy the results, assuming it doesn't kill you.
    I prefer amputation. Much quicker results.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Partial bowel obstruction worked pretty well for me. I recommend that.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        That's not like sticking foreign objects up your bum is it? I thought your doctor had told you to pack that in.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          That's not like sticking foreign objects up your bum is it? I thought your doctor had told you to pack that in.

Packing it in was how it got stuck up there.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            That's not like sticking foreign objects up your bum is it?
            Ewww, no. I only use British objects.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              so it is true you were full of Tulip?

ouch.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                I have big man b00bs
                FTFY

Comment

It's not ****ing rocket science people: calories in - calories out = weight gain/loss. Burn more than you eat and you'll lose weight. Eat more than you burn and you put it on. Eat enough and you'll get fat.
                  This is the twaddle that got the US (and now us) into so much trouble.

Your body does not 'burn' anything. Just because if you set fire to fat and it produces x amount energy (Kilocalories) does not mean that that is what your body does with it. My 'O' level biology course had a nutrition module. The 'formula for life' (the organic chemistry equation) is what actually happens and is based on breaking down carbohydrates.

Unfortunately Agriculture+the food industry want to fill your shopping basket with cheap refined carbohydrates, which are NOT found in abundance in nature.

If your diet contains a large amount of carbs your body will metabolise them first (with alcohol next), and will store away any that it can't use as fat. If the carbs stop it takes the fat and breaks them down to carbs + fatty acids.

If your diet contains little or no carbs it breaks down the fat first into carbs+fatty acids, which takes longer and requires more of the body's resources to complete and you consequently feel fuller longer, and do not get 'hunger pangs' (your body's way of telling you that you are addicted to Carbs). It is what your body is made to do.

I can recommend Dr Atkins Diet (the book) as it shows how powerful the food lobby is in the States, and how powerful carbohydrate addiction is (tho' he would never put it that way).

As for the OP - remove carbs from your diet for 5 days. Then only eat in very small quantities (25g/day)

Comment

I'm short and stout.

If I were taller and thinner, I'd be a coffee pot, and that would be no good at all.

Be happy with the shape you are.

Comment

Originally posted by teapot418 View Post
                      I'm short and stout.

If I were taller and thinner, I'd be a coffee pot, and that would be no good at all.

Be happy with the shape you are.
                      Coffee mmmm.....
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X