• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is the best way to lose weight?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Here is one study comparing calorie restriction with the 5:2 diet. linky Yes it is in women but then I'm female. Weight loss was the same in both groups.

The bit in bold is why you loss weight - it is a diet you could stick to.

There are other studies showing that both low fat, high carb and high fat, low carb diets also make you lose the same level of weight.

The reason they all work is due to calorie reduction.
    I didn't say calorie restriction doesn't work I said daily calorie restriction doesn't tend to work... for many people at least in the long run in terms of keeping the weight off. That trial is interesting, possibly skewed by having to comply with the diet, in the real world I suspect many would not. I'd also like to know which group have put the most weight back on. Be interesting to know if no difference is also found for males.

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
      I didn't say calorie restriction doesn't work I said daily calorie restriction doesn't tend to work... for many people at least in the long run in terms of keeping the weight off. That trial is interesting, possibly skewed by having to comply with the diet, in the real world I suspect many would not. I'd also like to know which group have put the most weight back on. Be interesting to know if no difference is also found for males.
      i found quitting the booze has helped alot .

lost 7lb in 3 weeks giving up beer.

300lb to go

Comment

Originally posted by unemployed View Post
        i found quitting the booze has helped alot .

lost 7lb in 3 weeks giving up beer.

300lb to go
        I think it is due to the fact that you live in your mum's basement and the bogs being on the third floor.

Loads of quality time climbing those steps for some effective dumps

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
          I think it is due to the fact that you live in your mum's basement and the bogs being on the third floor.

Loads of quality time climbing those steps for some effective dumps
          usually get the marble clad lift

Comment

Decided to cut weight on Tuesday 7th June, have so far gone from 14st 11 to 14st 4!

Edit:
            Note - this initial loss might have been help by stopping taking creatine.
            "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
              Decided to cut weight on Tuesday 7th June, have so far gone from 14st 11 to 14st 4!

Edit:
              Note - this initial loss might have been help by not eating all the pies.
              FTFY
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                FTFY
                Well ... I can't deny that helps
                "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                X