• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Generation spent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generation spent

Generation Spent: ‘Forget pensions - I'm glad I blew my savings on a trip to Las Vegas’

And who can blame her? Boomers are selfish

This will become increasingly common.

If people spend the money enjoying themselves, how the **** is the govt and banking elite supposed to steal their money?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      If people spend the money enjoying themselves, how the **** is the govt and banking elite supposed to steal their money?

A Tax on Fun.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        A Tax on Fun.
        Like taxing Zeity for eating esteemed customers?

Comment

If youngsters are working, but like travel and adventure and seeking a new life experience, and don't want to pay £900K for a bedsit, then they should emigrate. Ticks all the fun, adventure, not spending £900K boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            If youngsters are working, but like travel and adventure and seeking a new life experience, and don't want to pay £900K for a bedsit, then they should emigrate. Ticks all the fun, adventure, not spending £900K boxes.

You can do both. I bought my first house at 27 and then went backpacking.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              You can do both. I bought my first house at 27 and then went backpacking.
              But that was in 1973.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Generation Spent: ‘Forget pensions - I'm glad I blew my savings on a trip to Las Vegas’

And who can blame her? Boomers are selfish

This will become increasingly common.
                Another cop out from the "it's not fair" brigade. Rather than trying to improve their own lives they'd rather get smashed with their mates and blame their miserable existences on everyone else.

Saying something isn't achievable so I'm going to not even bother trying sounds like defeatism to me.....

Hard work, sacrificing your own selfish desires and continual self-improvement sound like a better plan if you don't want to spend the second half of your life living in poverty in some sh*t hole.
                Have you tried switching it off and back on again??

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Like taxing Zeity for eating esteemed customers?
                  20% vat if they are hot?
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Enjoy life...

Comment

Working...
                    X