• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Generation spent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    When did you buy?
    First house in 2005, sold in 2010 and made a £16K loss on it due to the crash.
    Second house in 2010, sold in 2015, came out evens in terms of money in and out but spent those 5 years working my ass off with 1 holiday and paid off the entire mortgage in the time I was there.
    Third house in the process of buying now using the entire equity of the previous property as a 40% deposit.
    Have you tried switching it off and back on again??

Comment

Originally posted by Intel View Post
      First house in 2005, sold in 2010 and made a £16K loss on it due to the crash.
      Second house in 2010, sold in 2015, came out evens in terms of money in and out but spent those 5 years working my ass off with 1 holiday and paid off the entire mortgage in the time I was there.
      Third house in the process of buying now using the entire equity of the previous property as a 40% deposit.
      Any BOMAD?
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Any BOMAD?
        Nope. All my own cash. Saved from hard work.

Comment

Nope. All my own cash. Saved from hard work.
          Have a gold star, you have done well.

[emoji294]️

You are an exception.

I also bought in 2005, zero BOMAD.

Comment

I also bought in 2005
            Glad to be joined in the "what do you mean I haven't made a sh*tload of cash out of my first house?" club....

I'm tempted with my house buying ability to write a book on how to make money out of houses, write down all my experience then on the last page write "and do the opposite of everything said previously"....

Comment

Glad to be joined in the "what do you mean I haven't made a sh*tload of cash out of my first house?" club....

I'm tempted with my house buying ability to write a book on how to make money out of houses, write down all my experience then on the last page write "and do the opposite of everything said previously"....
              You can't change how old you are. If you are over 40 most likely you would have caught the 20 year bull property market. It's not skill or financial savvy. Just luck.

Comment

You can't change how old you are. If you are over 40 most likely you would have caught the 20 year bull property market. It's not skill or financial savvy. Just luck.
                The Property Ladder generation. Buy any house, paint it with some magic Magnolia paint, and viola, you are a property developer, with exponential gains on each one. In a short space of time, you are a property millionaire, sheer incredible fantastic gifted property expert, you are an unstoppable money making bricks and mortar mega star.

Comment

Generation spent

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  The Property Ladder generation. Buy any house, paint it with some magic Magnolia paint, and viola, you are a property developer, with exponential gains on each one. In a short space of time, you are a property millionaire, sheer incredible fantastic gifted property expert, you are an unstoppable money making bricks and mortar mega star.
                  That, my dear DP is

Comment

The bull market has not even started yet. Buy buy buy. Sell your grandmother. Prices can only go up.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      There is no VAT on it since the food is at or below ambient temperature...
                      There's VAT on the Fava beans and Chianti though. Even GAL's don't escape tax. It's only fair.

Comment

Working...
                      X