• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"I read somewhere..."

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno, I reckon you could pay off a spotty teenage oik with 20 quid or a baggy of green for a couple of bottles from your local maccy d's...
    Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post
      I dunno, I reckon you could pay off a spotty teenage oik with 20 quid or a baggy of green for a couple of bottles from your local maccy d's...
      "Online auction has raised thousands for Ronald MacDonald charities"

Your solution's a bit fooking pointless though given the objective.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        "Online auction has raised thousands for Ronald MacDonald charities"

Your solution's a bit fooking pointless though given the objective.
        The objective is to acquire a bottle of Big Mac sauce. His solution is spot on.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

HyperD makes an excellent special sauce.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            So does AndyW's mum.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              So does Andy from Autoglass. He's always offering to fill my crack with his special resin.

Comment

The prince of shaftness speaaks

Tony Blair insists migration of two MILLION EU workers to Britain has been GOOD for UK | Daily Mail Online

Tony Blair today insisted economic migration was good for Britain as employment data showed two million EU workers have jobs in the UK.

The former prime minister intervened on the European debate in an interview with the Italian newspaper La Repubblica.

Mr Blair's remarks come as David Cameron battles to finish his renegotiation ahead of a referendum on Britain's membership of the EU - which Mr Blair said he was against.

In a translation of the interview, Mr Blair insisted the 'interest' of the UK staying in the EU should be 'evident to all'.

Employment data out today showed the number of EU workers with jobs in Britain grew by 200,000 in 2015 and now stands at 2.1 million.

Mr Blair said: 'There are three types of immigration.

'The economic one (it) is shown that is good, with appropriate rules, it has been seen in the US, as in Britain.

'Then, one of the refugees: Europe must open the door, for moral reasons, to those who flee from persecution.

'But we have to check the third type of immigration: that among those who flee do not hide extremists.'
                oh goody so only nutters with suicide vests are BAD Immigration.

that man is bad for my blood pressure.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Immigration is good for the economy. That's been demonstrated fairly well. (The idea of all the immigrants coming over to sponge on the welfare state is just a xenophobic myth - funnily enough common in Switzerland too, where being on welfare is pretty tough compared to the UK).

Where immigration needs to be far more carefully controlled is the cultural aspect. The Swiss do that rather well.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Immigration is good for the economy. That's been demonstrated fairly well. (The idea of all the immigrants coming over to sponge on the welfare state is just a xenophobic myth - funnily enough common in Switzerland too, where being on welfare is pretty tough compared to the UK).

Where immigration needs to be far more carefully controlled is the cultural aspect. The Swiss do that rather well.
                    Erm that's not true. Its not been proved that immigration is good for the economy and certainly not long term. The evidence ive seen is pretty selective and ignores long term costs.

I'm for selective immigration, so people with needed skills and educated (at this point some dick will pull apart my grammar).

Of course benefits are abused. No evidence apart from people I know, but wages are often spent outside the country.

Comment

Honey Bane

Comment

Working...
                      X