• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shirts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    My wardrobe appears to have become a shrine to Thomas Pink, mainly because i like the cut and can always find my size, but also because there is an outlet store in York where i get them cheap(er)

By default they come with plastic stiffeners in the collar, but spend the extra few quid and get some proper metal ones, just remember to take them out when you wash them!
    Pink shirts are without doubt the worst to iron that I've ever come across - professional laundering if you go that way.
    Lewins are alright, inexpensive and plenty of options to get a decent fit.

I really like these, though some of them are somewhat...flamboyant. https://www.duchamplondon.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Smartie View Post
      Pink shirts are without doubt the worst to iron that I've ever come across - professional laundering if you go that way.
      Lewins are alright, inexpensive and plenty of options to get a decent fit.

I really like these, though some of them are somewhat...flamboyant. https://www.duchamplondon.com/
      Footballers suits.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Footballers suits.
        Maybe, but I do like the look of the shirts
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Got 5 shirts for £100 from TM Lewin - nice quality and happy with the price

Comment

I bought a few white shirts from M&S and one blue shirt they are pretty good IMO.

I tried buying some shirts from savile row and I had to send them all back as they were rubbish.

I mostly keep my eye out for stuff on ebay now. I'm going for the rich eccentric that likes rooting around in bins.

I'm gonna give TM Lewin a try next time after reading this. I really like the thicker white shirts that you can get but I can never find any that have a decent collar, they all look gash like you're some kind of vampire with a stupidly high collar.
            Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Originally posted by VillageContractor View Post
              Got 5 shirts for £100 from TM Lewin - nice quality and happy with the price
              I got these as well and very happy. White shirts were a heavy material with a modern collar so very pleased. I get all my shirts from there now but the choice can be a little limiting if you want something a little different.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I gave iTailor a go off the back of this thread, they had some offer on so a tailored, customised shirt ended up something like £25 including p&p - think the shirt was only £18 or so.

Pretty impressed, the only error is one that I made - I asked for quite a short shirt as I want one I don't tuck in, and should've been more cautious. I also measured myself pre-Christmas so need to wait a month until I can wear it with confidence
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

$90 for a shirt??????????? Don't think my last suit cost that much.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post
                    I bought a few white shirts from M&S and one blue shirt they are pretty good IMO.
                    If you're an IPSE member, you get a discount via IPSE Advantages - can't remember what is normally is but it was 11% around Christmas time, with an egift card appearing in your email shortly after ordering.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

For all you fu<king cheapskates

Find stylish business shirts for men from HUGO BOSS!

Comment

Working...
                      X