• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shirts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I got these as well and very happy. White shirts were a heavy material with a modern collar so very pleased. I get all my shirts from there now but the choice can be a little limiting if you want something a little different.
    Thought you were dedicated to slaters

Comment

M&S for me, though I wish they did red in their casual range. I may pick up a couple at Next, but I wasn't thrilled with their "non-iron" McDonalds shirts in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
        M&S for me, though I wish they did red in their casual range. I may pick up a couple at Next, but I wasn't thrilled with their "non-iron" McDonalds shirts in the past.
        Next quality is horrendous in my experience. While the cut/fit of their clothes is good, longevity wasn't.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          Next quality is horrendous in my experience. While the cut/fit of their clothes is good, longevity wasn't.
          My white shirts from Next were all some other shade than brilliant within a few washes. I use Daz now, so maybe that would be different, but I just can't wear white any more, it's so boring. Can't have the boys at the office knocking me for having no style!

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            Totally this. I got one shirt ages ago and no matter when I ironed it, straight out the washer or dry I couldn't get it looking smooth and sharp. Awful.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
              Thought you were dedicated to slaters
              Well remembered! Suits only, occasionally a pair of shoes if I'm in there. Shirts I don't bother with from there. Had one a long time ago and was OK'ish but TM's were hands down better so stick with them now.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Need more than one? I got a catalogue today from Charles Tyritt and they are doing 4 for hundred notes (non irons and the rest.)

I have one, nice quality.

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Glad this thread got resurrected as I need some new shirts and I've been meaning to try iTailor.

I can recommend Boss (again) for OTP shirts. Good quality fabric, hard wearing and a good fit for me at least. Good range of styles and colours as well.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I only wore crisp white ironed shirts as a permie working in London - either CT or Hawes and Curtis. Since moving to contracting end of last year, and my first contract being WFH, I felt the need to grow my casual shirt collection - got 5 CT shirts for 100 over Christmas sale and they are good quality so far. Now I don't look like a bum even when WFH

Comment

Anther TM here. Lucky enough to have a factory outlet near me (Cheshire Oaks, where there's a Jaeger outlet also). When measured for my suit I got measured for shirts also.The TM the label tells you the neck size (as you'd expect) and the arm length, so as good as a tailored one if you like the cut.

Comment

Working...
                      X