• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's on your wrist?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCTNN
    replied
    I've got 2 watches:

- Rolex Datejust II
    - Garmin Forerunner 735XT

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    “Big” birthday next and I’ve come to the sad decision that my vintage omega is no longer reliable enough to wear, I don’t wear a watch everyday so it’s only an occasion wear.

Toying with keeping with Omega or moving to a Breitling, not a fan of steel bands so am toying between these two.

Not a bloody clue what to pick there. I've looked at this like 10 times. Thinking of thr Breitling because of the blue face. I'd want a bitnof colour in my watch. Apart from that? Dunno. Tough one but two absolutely belting watches. I'm sure you'll love either.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Coincidence this thread popped up. I won a Rolex GMT Master II in an online raffle yesterday. I'm. Over the ******* moon. Still giddy about it. Just got to work out what to do with it now.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    There's another thread where I was looking at watches, but I prefer bracelet to fabric. My preference would be the Omega.

Try:
    IconicWatches.co.uk
    Chronohunter.co.uk
    Chrono24.co.uk

Leave a comment:

• Antman
    replied
    I'd go with the Omega, my brother got a breitling with a load of complications and didn't take long before they started going pop.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    The Omega is hitting 70, was given to my grandfather on his wedding day.

Last time it went back to Switzerland for a service (five years ago) they struggled to find replacement parts, or people with the knowledge to work on older watches which is why it took 9 months to get back to me
    I had mine serviced for a fixed price of £180 ( 50 yo caliber 321) with no problems; they fitted a ne main spring, new winder and new glass. Time is not too bad +/- 5 seconds per day, but when new it was about +/- 2 seconds a month.

Parts should still be available, you need to find a good watchmaker.

Advice for new watch.
    There is no point in paying a lot of money for any make of watch that has a quartz movement or does not have divisions of less the one second. Watches that do only one second division have a cheap movement.

Omega is now owned by Swatch. Some Omega watches are overpriced and tacky.

Oris make very good automatic movements and are not pretentious.
    As an Omega fan I must say the the Brietling knocks the spots off the new Omegas.

An interesting second watch for swimming and diving is the Vostok Amphibia (about £60+) have a google and read about its history.
    Last edited by Paddy; 26 August 2020, 20:40.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    What's on your wrist?

The Omega is hitting 70, was given to my grandfather on his wedding day.

Last time it went back to Switzerland for a service (five years ago) they struggled to find replacement parts, or people with the knowledge to work on older watches which is why it took 9 months to get back to me

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    “Big” birthday next and I’ve come to the sad decision that my vintage omega is no longer reliable enough to wear, I don’t wear a watch everyday so it’s only an occasion wear.

Toying with keeping with Omega or moving to a Breitling, not a fan of steel bands so am toying between these two.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Scratched old Casio I've had for umpteen years. Matches the rest of me.

Leave a comment:

• FarmerPalmer
    replied
    I rotate.

I normally wear either:

Timefactors Smiths Everest Automatic (25th wedding anniversary present from my wife)
    Christopher Ward Trident 600 Automatic (birthday present to myself)

but sometimes wear:

Longines Presence 9ct quartz (21st birthday present from my wife)
    Camy mechanical swiss (my grandads)

I originally bought myself a Timefactors Smiths Radio Room as well but my wife had it, so I bought myself the Chris Ward as a replacement.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X