• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's on your wrist?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tag are for boy racers
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      Tag are for boy racers
      Tag is a school game.

Although I got my wife one for her 50th a few years ago...
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Currently have a Samsung Galaxy Smartwatch - excellent bit of kit
        Former IPSE member
        My Website

Comment

Tag are for boy racers
          Possibly, but the one I bought was more subtle looking with a blue face. I did look at Omegas etc but just preferred the look of the TAG. I didn't really do enough detailed research before buying and I only came to understand a few years later that TAG are really at the bottom end of what can be considered a quality watch.

I remember a phase in the 90s where every other guy I knew in their late 20s seemed to have a TAG. Only one person had a real one though!

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
            I remember a phase in the 90s where every other guy I knew in their late 20s seemed to have a TAG. Only one person had a real one though!
            Was it "Tell Charles I'm on my way"?

Comment

Parts should still be available, you need to find a good watchmaker. ..
              Apparently some Swiss company used for most watch repairs stopped making parts a couple of years ago.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Still hanker after a Omega Speedmaster the one that went to the moon

Other than that all of mine are solar powered. Any of the quality makers cracked that yet?

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post

Other than that all of mine are solar powered. Any of the quality makers cracked that yet?
                  Quality watchmakers won't give a stuff about solar power. It's all about the movement so this won't be an area they'll be remotely interested in cracking I wouldn't have thought.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post

I had a citizen eco drive that was really good, but not what you’d call quality (was good for an every day watch)
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

iwatch for the functionality

But I do get a new, unique, hand crafted, real leather strap for it on a regular basis
                      Growing old is mandatory
                      Growing up is optional

Comment

Working...
                      X