• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's on your wrist?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

errm, how did you guess?
    Well...

Most days I just wear a swatch.
    You told me.
    I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

It is the stainless steel one. no stones, nuffink. I think it's the band that people maybe recognise, which needs changing now anyway. I'd like to go for the one with the bigger loops but haven't been arsed. I don't know what the general opinion is changing the band from the original? Is it viewed as tacky or not the done thing?

I do like this one, until a) I saw the price and then b) remembered it looks like my swatch (blue face, leather strap). (erm, ...same colour as my skateboard too!)

Comment

FTFY

erm, ...same colour as one of my many skateboards too!
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post
          It is the stainless steel one. no stones, nuffink. I think it's the band that people maybe recognise, which needs changing now anyway. I'd like to go for the one with the bigger loops but haven't been arsed. I don't know what the general opinion is changing the band from the original? Is it viewed as tacky or not the done thing?
          Who cares? If you like the bigger loops you like 'em.
          The Datejust has certainly been available with that bracelet anyway:

I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Personally can't really see the point of wearing a watch at work. There's a screen in front of me with something similar to:

at the bottom and all my ssh sessions show the time. This means that instead of having to remove my hands from the keyboard (where a watch sometimes inconveniences you) I just look at my screen. The rest of the time, just look at my phone. I don't think it adds anything nowadays...
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
              Who cares? If you like the bigger loops you like 'em.
              The Datejust has certainly been available with that bracelet anyway:

Looks mighty fine!

Comment

Since your phone, computer, tablet, MP3 player, microwave, TV, cooker, all constantly display the time, the only point of a watch now is some kind of jewellery for men and a display of wealth/status.

I've gone for an alternative approach.

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                  Since your phone, computer, tablet, MP3 player, microwave, TV, cooker, all constantly display the time, the only point of a watch now is some kind of jewellery for men and a display of wealth/status.

I've gone for an alternative approach.

Most people couldn't tell the difference between a Swatch & a Patek. So I generally don't buy the display of wealth/status thing.

I do like a good quality mechanical timepiece though, in the same way that I like to look at the skyscrapers when I walk through the city.

There is a heritage side of things too. I find that a tricky one as lots of it is invented.

I want an Omega SpeedMaster Moon Watch, manual wind. I will go for sapphire glass though, rather than the helsalite. No point in having an authentic copy of the original if i'm gonna **** up the glass all the time.

Comment

sapphire glass
                    Good shout, I have that on my Tag.
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      Moto 360, love it ...

That clasp looks uncomfortable to me.
                      I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Working...
                      X