• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's on your wrist?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A real chap ancient old Casio covered in scratches, me. What a surprise!
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Bluespider View Post
      Last service i got for the Rolex was 470 quid and it took 12 weeks because Rolex had such a backlog.
      I didn't have the Breitling at the time so I got this to see me through the bare wrist months:

its my manual work watch now, until i get either a submariner proper or a daytona
      I put my Omega in for repair and service in April and its ETA for completion is December as the dual needs replacing and an exact replacement is so rare to source
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

if you bend the wrist too much it will shut off the watch.
        Might prove problematic for a few on here
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
          Lovely. My dad also wore the same for many years. He sold it in 90-something and went for one of these:

I lust after that now instead.
          I've been looking closely at that Pepsi/PanAm GMT. I probably won't get one as I want the Omega Moon Watch (and I'm not so filthy rich that I can just get both right now).

But... if I did I don't know whether to get an old vintage one, or the newer release. I think the faded steel bezel colours can be kinda cool.

Rolex need to sell those watches without the cyclops though. Then people like me who like Omega might stop seeing Rolex as so much of an older mans brand.

Comment

This incredible tourbillon is the 2015 watch of the year.

So Who Won at the 2015 Oscars of Watchmaking? - Bloomberg Business

Comment

Mine;

1. 2014 Breitling for Bentley 6.75 (my favourite)
              2. 2002 Breitling B1 (my everyday watch)
              3. 1967 Breitling Cosmonaute (in gold - my dress watch)
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
                I've been looking closely at that Pepsi/PanAm GMT. I probably won't get one as I want the Omega Moon Watch (and I'm not so filthy rich that I can just get both right now).

But... if I did I don't know whether to get an old vintage one, or the newer release. I think the faded steel bezel colours can be kinda cool.

Rolex need to sell those watches without the cyclops though. Then people like me who like Omega might stop seeing Rolex as so much of an older mans brand.
                Never mind. I only just realised the new release of the pepsi bezel only comes in white gold. So if affordable steel is on the menu I have to go vintage (without the ceramic bezel).

Comment

Over nine months later the watch is finally back from its trip around Europe after being sent to be repaired

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Um, yeah. Of course.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                      Surely you IT boys wear one of these?

Need the full keyboard....

Comment

Working...
                      X