• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's on your wrist?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omega SeaMaster Professional 300m. The newer co-axial, so the servicing is only every 5 to 7 years I think, with the ceramic bezel.

Seemingly bullet-proof every day watch. Only take it off to sleep or if i'm doing some plumbing etc.

Comment

This one today, was the old mans... Ironically I'm only looking after it for my son... only lusted after it for like 30 years

If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur. - Red Adair

Comment

Nice, my old man has one the same, I told him as the 1st son I should have first dibs .
        To be honest I'm thinking of getting one myself, they usually go up in value rather than down, over the years.

Originally posted by Bluespider View Post
        This one today, was the old mans... Ironically I'm only looking after it for my son... only lusted after it for like 30 years

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluespider View Post

Lovely. My dad also wore the same for many years. He sold it in 90-something and went for one of these:

I lust after that now instead.
          I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

I've got a nice chunky Accurist at the moment. With significantly more funds, I'd go for the Omega Seamaster or Breitling Superocean; never really been a Rolex fan.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

That was the other one I have been considering. You only have to buy one and it should last for life.
              People have told me the Oysters keep better time, what's your dads take on that?

Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post

I lust after that now instead.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

He didn't have a problem at all until recently. It's been stopping in the night.
                He thinks it's because it needs a service. I think it's because he's now 72 and he doesn't move anywhere near as much as he used to so he's not winding it.
                It's going to be serviced anyway now as he scratched the glass messing with his beehive - I guess we'll see.

As for keeping better time; I'll specifically ask him but I doubt it's an issue or he'd have enjoyed a good moan/chinwag about it.
                I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

He didn't have a problem at all until recently. It's been stopping in the night.
                  He thinks it's because it needs a service. I think it's because he's now 72 and he doesn't move anywhere near as much as he used to so he's not winding it.
                  It's going to be serviced anyway now as he scratched the glass messing with his beehive - I guess we'll see.

As for keeping better time; I'll specifically ask him but I doubt it's an issue or he'd have enjoyed a good moan/chinwag about it.
                  Cool. My old man said you should never clean them BTW and he knows quite a few people that trade in watches.
                  In fact he was offered one that was built by the guy that also built, the workings of, Big Ben, unfortunately the guy wanted too many £££ for it.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    Cool. My old man said you should never clean them BTW and he knows quite a few people that trade in watches.
                    In fact he was offered one that was built by the guy that also built, the workings of, Big Ben, unfortunately the guy wanted too many £££ for it.

Sounds a bit bulky.
                    I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Sounds a bit bulky.
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X