• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Urgently needed leaving speech puns :)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pogle View Post

I am adorable and get on very well with everyone I work with. I just don’t think I need to be publically 'thanked'.

I find public thankings aren't something I choose, rather they are thrust upon me.
    I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      While I've been here I've earned <insert figure permies can only dream of>. No need for anything further as they'll probably kick you out at that point.
      Keep a timer running and tell them how much you'll be invoicing for making your goodbye speech?

Comment

Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
        I find public thankings aren't something I choose, rather they are thrust upon me.
        Well aren't you a special snowflake then
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
          Well aren't you a special snowflake then

Only when compared to the likes of you.
          I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

This is the second time today I've stood up from a warm seat with a piece of paper in my hand. Last time I earned 80 quid for it.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

...after I left the greengrocers due to the celery dispute, I went and worked for an optician, but we didn't see eye to eye, but then I managed to get a job for a TV and Radio repair shop, unfortunately that didn't last long as we weren't on the same wavelength....
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

As PT Barnum said when his human cannonball resigned, 'it will be hard to find someone of the same calibre'.
                My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

after leaving the TV repair shop I joined the navy, but I was all at sea and left soon after. My experience in the Navy got me my next job as a life guard in a swimming pool, but unfortunately I was out of my depth.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

A wise man once told me that a good speech should be like a skirt.
                    Long enough to cover the subject, but short enough to be interesting.

They say that life is like a box of chocolates, and so is this place. Some fudge, some fruity, but mostly nuts.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

After losing my job as a life guard I went to work as a Tailor, but sadly I didn't cut it.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X